• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I had no idea Wonder Woman was from the same islands they found Luke on.

Talk about cross-marketing....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well I'm at the theater now getting ready to see it. Been looking forward to it for months!

My family are convinced that it's going to be a social justice movie. Please let me know if that's your impression after you've seen it.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    My family are convinced that it's going to be a social justice movie. Please let me know if that's your impression after you've seen it.

Not at all. While she's obviously stronger than the men in the film, it's not played off for humor and they serve to teach her quite a bit. Any more goes into spoiler territory.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not at all. While she's obviously stronger than the men in the film, it's not played off for humor and they serve to teach her quite a bit. Any more goes into spoiler territory.

That's kinda what I thought. I've been hearing for weeks now that this was going to be a SJW feminist freak show, but it's been my impression that feminists and SJW types really don't dig this kind of movie as a setting for that.

I do roll my eyes a bit at movies where women kick every dude's ass. That just requires a lot of disbelief suspension, but whatever. Wonder Woman is a superhero with special powers. In that context she's supposed to be able to kick everyone's ass. So let 'er rip! I'm looking forward to seeing it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's kinda what I thought. I've been hearing for weeks now that this was going to be a SJW feminist freak show, but it's been my impression that feminists and SJW types really don't dig this kind of movie as a setting for that.

I do roll my eyes a bit at movies where women kick every dude's ass. That just requires a lot of disbelief suspension, but whatever. Wonder Woman is a superhero with special powers. In that context she's supposed to be able to kick everyone's ass. So let 'er rip! I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Having sparred and trained with some very capable female types in the past I have been set on my tail and landed on my head more than a few times.
    Thing is, as you say, weight/strength differences are part of the deal. Once i got a bloody lip or was tossed across the room the pulling punches crap stopped right there.
    Females can inflict some serious damage if they get in and get with it. My daughter is one of them. I do not let her have any advantage or I pay for it.

What many men call cheating females train for.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Having sparred and trained with some very capable female types in the past I have been set on my tail and landed on my head more than a few times.
    Thing is, as you say, weight/strength differences are part of the deal. Once i got a bloody lip or was tossed across the room the pulling punches crap stopped right there.
    Females can inflict some serious damage if they get in and get with it. My daughter is one of them. I do not let her have any advantage or I pay for it.

What many men call cheating females train for.

Yep. That's what I'm talking about. Equally fit and equally trained doesn't make equal capabilities. Of course I just wanted another excuse to show this image again, but to the point, if these two were really serious about fighting each other, the dude has an obvious advantage. Her advantage is that she's really hot, and it would probably be very difficult to get really serious about fighting her, for realz. Sounds sexist, maybe, but this concept is kinda hardwired into most men.

rzoAgfl.jpg

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    It's a freakin great movie! Simply outstanding. Gal really pulled it off. Not to spoil anything bit she so strong because she was created to kill non earthly beings.

I'm convinced her scenes will be the best of the Justice League movie.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep. That's what I'm talking about. Equally fit and equally trained doesn't make equal capabilities. Of course I just wanted another excuse to show this image again, but to the point, if these two were really serious about fighting each other, the dude has an obvious advantage. Her advantage is that she's really hot, and it would probably be very difficult to get really serious about fighting her, for realz. Sounds sexist, maybe, but this concept is kinda hardwired into most men.

And I appreciate the sharing....:):
    In that this is a totally posed (and well done) pic unless she took your head off she would be done.

With that I would give her "C" note to just beat the crap out of me. Might be fun........:dunno:

Even when it was time to get serious when sparring with the opposite sex I could still not weigh in and cut loose. Yes, it is hardwired.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i saw it yesterday, and in my previous post's i was worried and thought that dc shouldn't ever make a movie again, and boy was i wrong, i loved this movie (and i didnt pay for this one either, another marketing thing my fiances company did, didn't pay to see the force awakens, b vs. s, or wonder woman!,(the bad news about that, she's given her notice, and i dont know if her new company markets with movies like that)

wonder woman restores my faith in "dc" and i cant wait for justice league (i mean come on aqua man saying "dressed like a bat, i can dig it" and "drinks are on him")

Top Bottom