• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I went up to my house in Land O' Lakes Wisconsin this last week and my wife and I went into the Forest Lake Country store where we were greeted with this welcome sign

a2d00339-c3de-465e-8f06-c302986cf23e_zps20565680.jpg

It was just a short time ago that I couldn't carry in Wisconsin. To me it's just a feel good story. Carry on.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Good to see! And mainjet, I'm envious. I love Vilas County.
    Yea, I love it too. I have been going up there since I was a kid. My best friends family would take me up there every year with them and I just fell in love with the place from the first time I went there.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I wonder what they have against open carry? :dunno:
    Wisconsin does not yet have an open carry law. So I am sure when they made the sign they decided to reference the currently legal way to carry.

I prefer to give them thumbs up for having the guts to make a sign like this and hang it on their store. There are plenty of places that 1. would not have the guts and 2. Would not want people carrying in their store.

It was only a short time ago that I was not legally allowed to carry in the state of Wisconsin. I welcome them to this side and I have hopes for Illinois that over time they will loosen up as well.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Not sure where you got your info, but Wisconsin has never prohibited open carry that I'm aware of.

Of course, they did prohibit concealed carry until just recently.

My question was somewhat tongue in cheek - I'm also glad that they support carry and doubt that they meant to imply that concealment was required to carry in their establishment.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Yes, but for every Wisconsin there is a California. And California has more reps in congress and more electoral votes.

I know, we're in the minority. Carry is my single issue thing in politics

Minority? Maybe as % of population, but according the maps most states allow carry of some sort

Handgunlaw.us
    ccwmap.gif

Animated GIF through the years:
    Wiki:
    View attachment 20940

RspecZX6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Shelbyville, IN
    I open carry in WI all the time, they are generally ok with it in most areas. I now live in WI, so as a resident I've got to get their CCW permit since my license is now in state.

Top Bottom