• Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    That is amazing, a brazen violation of the First Amendment, and naked compliance to the groupthink media machine. I studied Journalism at IU, and over the last 20 years have witnessed what can only be called the death of Journalism, as all good and valid reporting has been branded as "conspiracy theory." People don't read anymore, they tweet, like and follow ... this is the Brave New World we've feared for decades.
    You studied journalism, yet you still think that Reddit can violate the First Amendment? Seriously?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It was a self-run survey by a known political activist organization; that alone is enough to discredit it.

This is as believable as a survey by PETA on whether farmers eat steaks.
    It was a self-run survey by a known political activist organization; that alone is enough to discredit it.

This is as believable as a survey by PETA on whether farmers eat steaks.

There you go again! Just can't help yourself. Another post besmirching a source without ANYTHING to go on.

But you quote Pravda, oops, NPR as if they are pure as the driven snow.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You studied journalism, yet you still think that Reddit can violate the First Amendment? Seriously?

Where did Reddit come into the conversation?

But I know where you are going and it is wrong, we have repeatedly shown in posts here how you are wrong and you insist the the first amendment be interpreted as a speech suicide pact. That monopolists, with special government protections, be allowed to stifle speech.

Was breaking up Standard Oil or ATT wrong?

This country was by and for the people first and foremost and ANYONE usurping the rights of the people needs to be dealt with by the people if we are to remain free...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And to think that Reddit is even close to journalism...

Journalism isn't dying because good journalism is labeled conspiratorial, but because people are accepting junk articles full of conspiracies and biased reporting.

Does "studied journalism" mean took an elective? Because then I studied economy at Purdue, but the only thing I remember is what building that class was in twenty years ago.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And to think that Reddit is even close to journalism...

Journalism isn't dying because good journalism is labeled conspiratorial, but because people are accepting junk articles full of conspiracies and biased reporting.

Does "studied journalism" mean took an elective? Because then I studied economy at Purdue, but the only thing I remember is what building that class was in twenty years ago.

Where did Reddit get into the conversation? It is not in the post Josh responded to.

Journalism is dead because our government corrupted them to their ends. Just saw a leaked video interview of CIA operative from the 80's telling how they comprise journalists, get stories planted to eventually get in American press. He stated they had 400 journalists compromised, including many big names. He cited a Woodward and Bernstein Rolling Stone article on the topic but I have not had time to find it.

There are no trusted sources!!!

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Got it, still applies. If the site enjoys 230 protections they are not allowed to act as publisher. They need to pick one, publisher or provider...
    This, google , YouTube, Facebook, Reddit and countless other social media platforms have put their section 230 protections at risk by censoring their platforms.

this is a have your cake and eat it to moment

trump threatened to revoke section 230 protections and then got banned from Facebook.....

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    :ugh:

Do you think that INGO moderation is illegal?
    There is a difference between moderating within a set of agreed upon community guidelines and banning people for posting content that you don’t agree with.

Edit: INGO is a great example of how to moderate vs censor. Church mouse and Bigtanker don’t get nearly enough thanks for the work they do maintaining a free speech venue while keeping within the very specific rules of forum. I’ve posted plenty here that has not been received favorably. If this was run like most subreddits I would have been shootered most likely.....

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Bug often quotes: it is easier to fool people than convince them they have been fooled.

I have been red pilled. I have seen the corruption in journalism, the lies, the propaganda, the out and out selling out of our country. That none of them can be trusted.

It is difficult to converse with those that still believe media...

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Bug often quotes: it is easier to fool people than convince them they have been fooled.

I have been red pilled. I have seen the corruption in journalism, the lies, the propaganda, the out and out selling out of our country. That none of them can be trusted.

It is difficult to converse with those that still believe media...

Do you have an unbiased source to support this?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    :ugh:

Do you think that INGO moderation is illegal?

If INGO uses section 230 protections to avoid responsibility for slanderous, libelous, or illegal activities then it is illegal for them to moderate based on content. I am unaware of content restrictions...

They are either publisher or provider...

I have read compelling opinions that size and scope of the sites reach and its singular affect on the speech market may come into play. Just as it was likely that other oil companies engaged in the actions that got Standard Oil broken up, but they were not big enough fish to affect the market and were not fried...

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I have read compelling opinions that size and scope of the sites reach and its singular affect on the speech market may come into play. Just as it was likely that other oil companies engaged in the actions that got Standard Oil broken up, but they were not big enough fish to affect the market and were not fried...
    I'm sure that you found the opinions compelling. Fortunately for all of us, judges tend to understand the law (and history) better than you do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom