Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I'm pretty surprised that anyone actually believes it works in anything other than early stage Covid and low dose treatment scenarios but please provide some evidence to prove me wrong.

Regardless of whether it works or not - the statement you made was that it seems more toxic than COVID which has killed a half a million people. That is a lie which started in the media as soon as Trump mentioned it. HCQ has been used by people for well over 50 years and it hasn't killed nearly that many.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Regardless of whether it works or not - the statement you made was that it seems more toxic than COVID which has killed a half a million people. That is a lie which started in the media as soon as Trump mentioned it. HCQ has been used by people for well over 50 years and it hasn't killed nearly that many.
    Not a lie. Your math skills are seriously lacking. You are not making accurate comparisons.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Explain this mischaracterization.
    Read your post. It's very plain. You know pretty precisely what you are doing by calling the vaccine "chemicals". The food you eat, beverages you drink and air you breath could also be called "chemicals". It's a rather asinine position to take. If you don't want to take the vaccine, I'm fine with that. Just like you should be fine with anyone else's decision to take it. And not troot out childish misinformation in an attempt to justify your decision.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Read your post. It's very plain. You know pretty precisely what you are doing by calling the vaccine "chemicals". The food you eat, beverages you drink and air you breath could also be called "chemicals". It's a rather asinine position to take. If you don't want to take the vaccine, I'm fine with that. Just like you should be fine with anyone else's decision to take it. And not troot out childish misinformation in an attempt to justify your decision.
    This is the stupidest bunch of crap I have heard all day.

Substances we have consumed for decades if not centuries do not compare with a new and relatively untested vaccine/treatment which is less than a year old.

Contrary to your apparent belief, I do not feel any need to justify my decisions to you or anyone else.

If you want to gamble with this, I really don't care. That said, I do not need some fool disparaging my disinclination to gamble my health.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is the stupidest bunch of crap I have heard all day.

Substances we have consumed for decades if not centuries do not compare with a new and relatively untested vaccine/treatment which is less than a year old.

Contrary to your apparent belief, I do not feel any need to justify my decisions to you or anyone else.

If you want to gamble with this, I really don't care. That said, I do not need some fool disparaging my disinclination to gamble my health.

More trolling from those cheerleading for the vaccine. If this was not so personal, so important to them, they would not care what anyone says, but alas they care deeply and feel they must personally attack any other information or questioning.

I think most would not want to know if there are bad effects from the vaccine, they have taken it and are now on that team,

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine contains:

Vaccine -
    30 mcg of a nucleoside-modified messenger RNA (modRNA) encoding the viral spike (S) glycoprotein of SARS-CoV-2

Lipids -
    0.43 mg (4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate),
    0.05 mg 2[(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide,
    0.09 mg 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine,
    and 0.2 mg cholesterol

The rest is basically phosphate buffered physiological saline
    0.01 mg potassium chloride,
    0.01 mg monobasic potassium phosphate,
    0.36 mg sodium chloride,
    0.07 mg dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate, and
    6 mg sucrose.

The diluent (0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP) contributes an additional 2.16 mg sodium chloride per dose.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    HCQ seems to be more toxic than Covid, but can be used in some early treatments at low doses. Not really proven to be very effective in most cases, and increases mortality if used during advanced stages of Covid.

I'm pretty surprised that anyone actually believes it works in anything other than early stage Covid and low dose treatment scenarios but please provide some evidence to prove me wrong.

Not a lie. Your math skills are seriously lacking. You are not making accurate comparisons.

:scratch:

Wait. This is ********. The studies I've seen on HCQ do not show that HCQ seems to be more toxic than covid. You can say the studies don't prove that HCQ is particularly effective against covid. You can even say it increases mortality. But that it's MORE toxic than covid?

From some of the studies I've read, probably one of the most dangerous things with HCQ is that it can cause some arrhythmias that can be quite dangerous when coupled with covid. And there are some other specific dangers of HCQ that can complicate later stage covid especially in vulnerable people. I would not take it for covid treatment.

But none of that is anywhere near supportive of your statement that HCQ seems to be more toxic than covid. You're welcome to walk that one back. I mean, if you want anyone to take you seriously.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    YOu really have some strong hang-ups. :)
    He's right though. Fauci and the CDC have been caught in lies. He claimed in Senate testimony, under questioning by Rand Paul, that his org did not fund gain of function research either directly or indirectly, but then the FOIA'd emails show that they did, and that he was concerned that covid may have leaked from that particular research.

I mean. He's basically in the very spot portrayed by Randy from South Park, except as far as we know, the virus did not spread to humans from Fauci ****ing a bat (or later it was revealed that it was actually spread by Randy ****ing a pangolin.)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Novavax, which I have a personal interest in, should be releasing its phase III North American trial results soon.

So far, in a UK study, it is on top in efficacy at 96.4%.

One interesting thing this article deals with is that it may be a less problematic vaccine for boosters. Some other types of vaccines either lose potency with additional doses or side effects, though usually mild, may increase with more doses. Novavax, it is claimed, does not have these issues.

Novavax has experienced issues with supply chain and manufacturing partnerships which has caused it to take longer to bring its product to market, but sounds like they are making progress.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom