Status
    Not open for further replies.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Is it? By my account, restrictions and requirements have actually been removed or reduced.
    Well do we need to look any further than his nominee to head the ATF? Or his plan to provide a form of universal income? Or the whole idea of vaccine passports? Or let’s eliminate the keystone pipeline, and promote foreign energy dependence.

If You can honestly say that Joe is a moderate that just wants what is best for the Country I will respect you opinion.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is it? By my account, restrictions and requirements have actually been removed or reduced.

A growing trend is that employers are requiring experimental vaccinations as a condition of employment. Hopefully your head doesn’t explode because I said that. But as far as requiring them you may be thinking, so what? I’m thinking **** that.

I’m fortunate that so far my employer is not, but then I work from home and it would be pretty hard for them to justify that. But many people are stuck with a pretty ****y Hobson’s choice.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I'll share what I can.

I live in a country who controls everything.

Rules have been (until today), you must wear mask's at all times. No mask, 20BD fine ($53 USD). Talk back? You get hooked up, and go before judge, who usually meters out fine of 1000BD to 3000BD ($2650 to $8000 USD) plus 6 months in Jail.

Now with Pakistani and Indian variants on island, country is shutting down. Everything retail is closed as of midnight tonight. For next 14 days, only things open is Grocery Stores, Fruit and vegetable stands, pharmacies, and banks/money changers. We are locked down as of tonight.

Last year during the worst of the pandemic, the country had maybe up to 1500 cases per day, and maybe 3 or 4 deaths per day. As of this past weekend, they had 2800 cases or more per day, and 20 to 30 deaths per day.
    I dunno what is going on, but it's not good.

I'll be hunkering down with my son this weekend and just chillin'. Can't go anywhere anyway, so we might as well break out the Axis and Allies.....

Enjoy a whisky and cigar while doing so!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Well do we need to look any further than his nominee to head the ATF? Or his plan to provide a form of universal income? Or the whole idea of vaccine passports? Or let’s eliminate the keystone pipeline, and promote foreign energy dependence.

If You can honestly say that Joe is a moderate that just wants what is best for the Country I will respect you opinion.
    Hold on we were talking about government lockdowns during a pandemic, not anything else you mentioned in this post.

Also simply pointing out that many said the mask mandates and lockdowns would never go away once the government tasted that level of control...but...they are...

So is he a totalitarian or not?

I'm not calling him a moderate. I'm not saying I like his policy. But...a dictator leading us into total communism one face mask at a time? Nah, he isn't that spry.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm kind of split on these "vaccine lotteries".

On one hand, they're a gratuitous waste of taxpayers money. by bribing the populace.

On the other hand, studies show that those who are hesitant can be swayed... psychological studies on overestimating rewards and all that ... so if it gets more people to get vaccinated quicker, and then rejoin the workforce; the benefits offset the seemingly frivolous expenditure.

The older I get, the more I realize that you have to accept cognitive biases, like the ones at play here, and just use them to get what you want.
    Of course, anyone moderately intelligent looks at something like this as being completely dumb.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I'm kind of split on these "vaccine lotteries".

On one hand, they're a gratuitous waste of taxpayers money. by bribing the populace.

On the other hand, studies show that those who are hesitant can be swayed... psychological studies on overestimating rewards and all that ... so if it gets more people to get vaccinated quicker, and then rejoin the workforce; the benefits offset the seemingly frivolous expenditure.

The older I get, the more I realize that you have to accept cognitive biases, like the ones at play here, and just use them to get what you want.
    Of course, anyone moderately intelligent looks at something like this as being completely dumb.
    One thing I will say, I'd rather some rando get the tax money than let the government have it and use it on something dumb.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My father said he got the vaccine that only requires 1 shot. I ask him which one he said he doesn't remember the name. Which vaccine is only requiring 1 shot?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom