Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I just browsed a half dozen articles that referred to both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines as experimental. The media seems quite comfortable calling it that (not that the media’s comfort in reporting is a reliable indicator). Neither drugs have the full FDA approvals (the Moderna vaccine just got the go-ahead for emergency use). Because they don’t have full approvals I think they’re very reasonably called “experimental”.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's not experimental. I think there is a pretty massive knowledge gap in this country in how clinical trials work. Fast =/= rushed, experimental or dangerous.
    Are you saying that the Pfizer vaccine went through the same rigor, all the animal trials, human trials, and testing that all vaccines typically get before FDA approves them?

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Are you saying that the Pfizer vaccine went through the same rigor, all the animal trials, human trials, and testing that all vaccines typically get before FDA approves them?

The only thing that hasn't happened for Pfizer's and Moderna's vaccines that normally happens with vaccine trials is making sure that the immune response lasts for a year or longer.

The rapid speed of this vaccine development wasn't in testing it; the rapid process was in design. Moderna's vaccine was designed in two days.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    No. I don't take a flu vaccine, so why would I take a less validated and tested vaccine for an illness that is actually less of a threat to those in my demographic?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I can not wait to get mine.

I didn’t feel the need to be first in line because I do not deal with patients daily as a supervisor and my facility is closed until the 4th of January, but as I’m also involved in SAR in key positions I wanted to make sure I have no hesitancy responding. So I waited to see when appointments would be available to EMS personnel and took a later one to give my colleagues the earlier opportunity.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Chicago has recorded 4 individuals that suffered major allergic reactions and therefore they temporarily halted the vaccines there.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Four of 3000 vaccinated in that particular health system...for an easily treated allergic reaction rate of 0.13%, half the estimated IFR of SARS-CoV-2.

This does not in any way represent proof that the Pfizer vaccine is unsafe.

It does for people who pick and choose only data that supports their preconceptions and who have no interest in objectively viewing that which does not. To them, proof does not mean what it does to those who do not.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    It does for people who pick and choose only data that supports their preconceptions and who have no interest in objectively viewing that which does not. To them, proof does not mean what it does to those who do not.

Indeed..."this piece of information confirms my unsupported belief this vaccine was rushed, hasn't been tested, and is all part of a Soros/Bill Gates conspiracy to control population."

Frankly I'm looking forward to 150mbps+ 5G download speeds.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Four of 3000 vaccinated in that particular health system...for an easily treated allergic reaction rate of 0.13%, half the estimated IFR of SARS-CoV-2.

Indeed..."this piece of information confirms my unsupported belief this vaccine was rushed, hasn't been tested, and is all part of a Soros/Bill Gates conspiracy to control population."

Frankly I'm looking forward to 150mbps+ 5G download speeds.

Probably ridicule doesn’t help.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

4 / 3000 is huge when we're talking anaphylaxis.

surely they can't expect 400,000 anaphylactic reactions to the vaccine can they?

and how many will be sensitized by the first shot and then have the big one on round two injection?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    4 / 3000 is huge when we're talking anaphylaxis.

surely they can't expect 400,000 anaphylactic reactions to the vaccine can they?

and how many will be sensitized by the first shot and then have the big one on round two injection?

My understanding is that any significant adverse reactions will not be given round 2 per protocol.

At this point I've only seen a media report, from a new source that is pointedly biased. I prefer to wait to see what the epidemiologists and the panels reviewing the vaccine have to say as the data are coming in as it is disingenuous for any of us to make an objective evaluation based on no real data. Meanwhile, the risk/benefit factor is good enough that I'm willing to be an early subject.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    well sure, if you react first round they can't give it again. but i thought this was fully recombinant without major allergens, and people are having first dose reactions. it's either anaphlyactoid and doing it without preformed antibodies, or there's something cross-reacting they haven't identified yet.

how many are being sensitized with first dose. hopefully not many

but this furthers my belief we should be vaccinating people at risk of dying from COVID.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom