Will the Government 'nationalize' your private 401k retirement savings?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    pms are not designed for that. they are designed to maintain your wealth while the transition from one paper money to the next. human race has never gone backwards. each empire will eventually get toppled/destroy and the next takes over we dont restart at the stone age. same with sthf unless you are talking about a skynet type attack or e.l.e.
    So your idea of feces impacting the turbines is along the lines of the*Weimar Republic. Mine looks a little bit more like Mad Max 2. As far as "the human race has never gone backwards"... You should probably study the Dark Ages.

Perhaps you could cash in a little of your precious PMs now, and get the caps button on your keyboard fixed. Just sayin'.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I could see them signaling that they were going to nationalize 401(k)s at a certain date, reap the early withdrawal penalties, then say, "Nah, never mind."

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Depends on the investments. What if he had bought CISCO, Microsoft, Apple, Yahoo etc.. at IPO? Even a small investment would have grown exponentially

These are extreme examples of tremendous growth. Had you invested heavily in Smith and Wesson Model 29s, in the early years,or ammunition..Your investment would have been very safe and very sure to gain much value.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Im not too much of an optimist. I hate where the path of this country is going. And I do feel that eventually this country is going to go bankrupt. But thats not a reason for me to go bankrupt before then. And there is no way of telling how much wealth he would have. Maybe he bought not so high end firearms. I have an old .22 pistol that was my dads. Its worth more to me that its his than if I tried to sell it. I doubt I could even sell it. And he bought it 30 years ago. You would need to look at value of guns vs. inflation and then the value of the stock market where the retirement was invested vs. inflation. But good growth stock mutual funds have an average return of 8% yearly. Thats good enough for me vs. a gun that is entirely dependent on what others want to pay you for it. Lastly, if someone has a good retirement fund, and want to buy a car, they simply withdraw the money, instead of selling off 10 guns to raise the money.

To Lucky, I think Doug answered the question pretty good. And also, while it doesn't seem like it, you can cash in on these major returns that are being seen. Its just that your going to make money on an equal scale to the big timers. Its just that you might not see it because most people feel that if you make 5% return, you might only make $500 on their investment. Thats proportional to a person who would invest $10 million and made 5% return. Its just they make $500,000, but they risked more. People just don't like it that others make more money.

If the country bankrupts...civil unrest intensifies..Firearms and ammo will be much better than gold,silver,or paper investments.

Shibby575

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    NE IN
    sounds like a great idea. seeing as .gov does such a great job of managing their own finances. I mean our tax $$. I mean our money already.... Why not give them more? I'm sure the returns that they get us would make everyone happy, seeing as these are voluntary contributions, why shouldn't .gov be in control of them.

Top Bottom