Will Hillary voters switch to McCain/Palin?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    From the posts over on Hillary Clinton's forum, I have to say YES they will dump Obama on his ass, leave him in the dirt, and rush to McCain/Palin!

OH, and I'm guessing that Bill & Hillary are sitting back in their room laughing their asses off over this whole thing! :popcorn:

Picture7.png

Picture8.png

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    All the Dem pundits were saying that, Sarah Palin's stance on abortion would cause the feminist to run to Obama.
    But even the feminist are realizing that there are more important issues at stake in the election.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    All the Dem pundits were saying that, Sarah Palin's stance on abortion would cause the feminist to run to Obama.
    But even the feminist are realizing that there are more important issues at stake in the election.

Hard core feminists will probably stick with Obama, just due to the abortion issue.

Palin believes that abortion should only occur to save the life of the mother. That is NOT an extreme position if you ask the 'average' voter. Realize that the majority of the voters do not want abortion to be illegal, but simultaneously the majority of the voters do not believe in late term abortion, do not believe in government paid abortion, do not believe in abortion to select the sex of a baby, do not believe in partial birth abortion, etc. There are certainly hard core feminists who believe those things, but those are not the voters Palin will attract. Palin will attract the woman who is middle ground leaning Obama and the reality is that Obama needs to retain something like 80-to-85% of Hillary's voters if he stands any chance of winning in November. Palin just made that very difficult.

Look at this thread on Hillary's own forums: Hillary just praised PALIN - www.hillaryclintonforum.net

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Not willing to register for Hitlery's forums just to read this. Would you cut/paste it here, please? :)

Thanks!

ETA: They opened it back up, apparently. The quote is:
    HILLARY: "We should all be proud of Governor Sarah Palin’s historic nomination, and I congratulate her and Senator McCain. While their policies would take America in the wrong direction, Governor Palin will add an important new voice to the debate"

to which I add: If Hillary thinks it's the wrong direction, that's the way we need to go. That woman couldn't navigate her way out of a linen closet.

Blessings,
    B

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Well for those of you who can't get in touch with your feminine side here are some of the posts from another one of several threads on Hillary's forums.

BTW, if you want to get in touch with your feminine side, you might want to try slipping on a silk hawaiian shirt, it will tickle your nipples. :twocents:

Now on to the Hillary Forum replies . . .
    1-3.jpg

2-2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The Hillary forum

That explains to me how FUBAR the Dems, certainly the ones on that forum, really are. That's not about politics. It's about gender! The posters seem to have overdosed on the kool-aid! The DNC put itself in the predicament. Their chosen candidates were going to get and lose votes based entirely upon gender for one and upon race for the other, issues be damned! Precarious at best! I know nothing about Palin but her choice appears to me a wise strategy. I hear Repubs saying...... OK, Dems! You won't run a woman, we will! C'mon down ladies! We want your vote even if it's purely gender based. ROFLMAO :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jogitu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Dems are Dems and a woman does not change a thing or a mind. As far as the independents ( if there really is such a thing ) I think some woman could be swayed because the way Hillary was treated. I think it will all come down to the Dems who stay home because they cannot bring themselves to vote for a black man. Like it or not that is the case and the black community always votes dem anyway so I can see them losing the old white vote.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Blacks are voting race, at least 90% of them are doing that.

On the other hand, roughly 22% of the women who voted for Hillary in the primaries supported George Bush in the last Presidential election.

It is very possible that the choice of Sarah Palin, who is more conservative than McCain not only bolsters the support of conservatives (which has only given very weak support to McCain) but it also has the potential to INSTANTLY switch the George Bush/Hillary voters over to the G.O.P. party this November.

Palin won't bring over the ultra-liberal feminist voter. But no running mate for McCain would have done that.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I don't know why, but after reading all the positive posts on McCain and Palin, this clip from Family Guy went running through my head: :laugh: :rockwoot:[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfslY_AvhLw"]YouTube - Good Good[/ame]
    :cheers:

Top Bottom