• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alexis Machine

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    NorthWest of Indy
    I saw somewhere on here a few days ago that Wideners had sold themselves. I finally checked it out today. New site, less stuff, no guns or recievers, etc. When did this happen and does anyone know why, other than the obvious money reasons. I've spent thousands there over the years but now I'm not so sure there is anything there I can't get somewhere else cheaper. :(

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Been there.
    The bigger I get, the smaller that toilet is. I did **** in the cat box once.
    Don't judge, I was drunk and it was a much larger target. :dunno:

TCLe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    West Lafayette
    As far as I can tell it happened sometime during December. The site was down and when it came back up everything was different. It wasn't until last month I found out it was under new ownership.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I wonder if they aren't selling any firearms for good, or if they'll reintroduce them eventually? I wonder what happened to the old stock?

I liked Wideners. I liked Samco too and they're gone now as well. Shoot, if we lose SGammo and JGsales I might as well get out of the shooting hobby.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I didn't know about the change of ownership, but I'd noticed that the prices in their emails were higher lately. Also more brand name (read; "expensive") projectiles and less surplus it seems like.

nj4020

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    When I inquired about their changes, they told me they are only listing "in stock" items. That may explain why they don't list mil surp supplies. They stated that the web site was a work in progress. It better progress quickly or I'll start looking elsewhere as well.

Alexis Machine

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    NorthWest of Indy
    They used to have some decent deals on milspec bullets. 5k for 440 for ss109 and even cheaper for m193. I didn't see any of that. The IMI, what is offered, has a higher price as well. I hope powder valley never loses its way.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I saw somewhere on here a few days ago that Wideners had sold themselves. I finally checked it out today. New site, less stuff, no guns or recievers, etc. When did this happen and does anyone know why, other than the obvious money reasons. I've spent thousands there over the years but now I'm not so sure there is anything there I can't get somewhere else cheaper. :(

...Obvious money reasons... Would someone explain that. You don't carry surplus items or firearms anymore. Obvious money reasons will be 'LESS' sales, obviously. I know I'll be spending less money at Wideners.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Obvious money reason being it's time to cash out for the obvious reason that the business has a cash value that is more important in one lump sum than spread out over future years of business. I thought that was obvious.

Sorry. I hadn't had my 2nd cup of coffee yet this morning. Its obvious now... :)

:ingo:

Top Bottom