Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I lucked out.
    I literally just listened to the episode in the last couple days.
    And I remember him saying he was a fireman, a LOT.
    Almost as bad as an ex-submariner. :)
    I know I used this line in another thread, but he said he was a fireman more often than a fighter pilot will tell you he's a fighter pilot.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh, absolutely, 110%. I dont know how many Ive talked to with that exact thought. And it came from their mouth directly. "If I had a gun I'd shoot somebody." And they meant it literally with no hyperbole.

Most (if not all) of their policies and ideas are projection. They are unable to comprehend that others can do things they cannot, and assume that everyone is the same and thinks like them.

The last few people that told me that, I asked if they've used their kitchen knives to stab people. Or clubbed people with blunt objects.
    Sharp objects, and blunt objects are ALL OVER.
    And yet they refrain from killing people.
    That usually confuses them.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Achtung INGO!! I heard on WIBC this evening Senator Mike Braun will be on the Gun Guy Show tomorrow.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    WIBC has been running add spots on this today. Braun is talking about his idea of "common sense" gun laws (and that he doesn't want UBC's.)

Hopefully Guy straightens him out.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    WIBC has been running add spots on this today. Braun is talking about his idea of "common sense" gun laws (and that he doesn't want UBC's.)

Hopefully Guy straightens him out.
    "What in the actual **** does common sense gun laws mean to you, Senator?" would be my first question. What the actual **** are "commercial" gun sales?? would be question two. I'll be paying close attention for my trip to Plainfield on Wednesday. I won't use the phrase "what the actual ****-over??" when speaking to the staffer because it is important to be professional and represent even if I'm only representing a random dude from Hendricks County.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’d want to just tell him “common sense gun laws” just sounds retarded. It’s a slogan more than anything. It’s just meant to try to bull**** America. Be honest. You attach the phrase “common sense” to any controversial issue, you’re probably trying to sell a sack of ****.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe Braun will listen?

He's on the show, that's a plus for him anyway. One would only guess that he might follow up and listen to caller response? Maybe he'll take some calls while he's on the air?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I heard what sounded like a snippet of a pre-recorded interview. And if he had any stones Braun would be on there live taking questions. And KellyinAvon, I might be able to go with you.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I heard what sounded like a snippet of a pre-recorded interview. And if he had any stones Braun would be on there live taking questions. And KellyinAvon, I might be able to go with you.

At the risk of sounding like a game show, Come on down!! Braun will be there if the code-word "coffee" is used. They are back in session now, doing Lord knows what but they are back in session. Hopefully we can round up a few more and at least close the gap on the numbers. If pro-2A is ever close to 50/50 with the antis I'd be stunned.

Great opportunity with Guy's interview later today. We have what the Senator said to WIBC and the Indy (Red) Star, which is why we're there. We'll be able to lead with, "I'm glad the Senator clarified his position..." or, "I have concerns regarding the Senator's stance on 2A issues..."

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I’d want to just tell him “common sense gun laws” just sounds retarded. It’s a slogan more than anything. It’s just meant to try to bull**** America. Be honest. You attach the phrase “common sense” to any controversial issue, you’re probably trying to sell a sack of ****.
    Don't let the cat out of the bag, don't educate them.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Braun acts like he might actually know everything about everything...

...and just a little bit more. :xmad:

Meanwhile, he is praised by the moms for talking BS that he doesn't know what he is talking about.

Grrr....

He also said our IN red flag law was "full of due process." Bull:poop::poop::poop:!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It's certainly concerning that the Senator doesn't seem to understand current law. He repeated the same nonsense about closing "loop holes" to require BGCs on all commercial sales on the internet and at gun shows.

Guy did let him know that's already the law, but he was a lot nicer in telling Braun that than I would have been.

Also, they didn't cover much ground. Braun just kept saying, we need to do something or we'll get blind sided down the road.

I don't buy that approach, nor do I agree with it. Braun is way too squishy on guns, and I was hoping he'd take a strong stand in this interview. I was very disappointed.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Braun acts like he might actually know everything about everything...

...and just a little bit more. :xmad:

Meanwhile, he is praised by the moms for talking BS that he doesn't know what he is talking about.

Grrr....

Copy that BW, I'm not warm or fuzzy. Positive: glad to hear UBC is a non-starter. Negative: seems to be drinking the gun show loophole Kool-Aid. Also on the "we have to do something" bandwagon.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    He also had a perfect oportunity to disavow Moms Demand Action. Instead he "grew up with guns." :n00b:

We need to start shopping for a new Senator. Without the stupidness that landed us with Donnelly for six years.

Top Bottom