• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I hear people complaining all day long about how dangerous it is to be a police officer. Sorry it is a dangerous job, but if someone thinks it is too dangerous then get out of the profession...

Gunner

Who are these "people," and why are sitting there, listening for lengthy amounts of time?

Oh, and if course, you share the same sentiment for the military services, right? All of which arent nearly as dangerous as say, Vietnam Era.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Who are these "people," and why are sitting there, listening for lengthy amounts of time?

Oh, and if course, you share the same sentiment for the military services, right? All of which arent nearly as dangerous as say, Vietnam Era.

Go to O.Com and read all about how dangerous police work is. As for the military, same thing... remember folks it is all volunteer, no one is putting a gun to someone's head and forcing them into the military or into police work. The person themselves are making that decision.

Gunner

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    Go to O.Com and read all about how dangerous police work is. As for the military, same thing... remember folks it is all volunteer, no one is putting a gun to someone's head and forcing them into the military or into police work. The person themselves are making that decision.

Gunner

Then stop reading it if it bothers you so much. I don't understand complaining about it if you're reading it voluntarily?

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Then stop reading it if it bothers you so much. I don't understand complaining about it if you're reading it voluntarily?

It doesnt bother me. I could really care less... The only thing that is irritating is how some people want to ***** and moan and complain about how dangerous something is, that they voluntarily do... doesnt make sense to me...

Gunner

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The only *****ing and moaning I hear is from those who say it is less dangerous than selling tennis shoes at mall.

Please find a thread where an LEO wanted some attention, praise or recognition for how dangerous their job is.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Gunner

Well there is your problem right there...reading O.com. I only go to the "Indiana" page where we talk about topics unique to us. I REFUSE to read anything else from that site. Complain? Hell, a good cop embraces it. I work with lots of good cops.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The only *****ing and moaning I hear is from those who say it is less dangerous than selling tennis shoes at mall.

Please find a thread where an LEO wanted some attention, praise or recognition for how dangerous their job is.

Sorry Cory...it was me.

AttentionWhore_zps5b1c89bb.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    We could improve LEO safety greatly by ending the Drug War. Imagine all those black markets drying up. Gangs and cartels losing their income. No reason for cops to invade homes for plants and substances. Less gang turf war. Far less reason to escalate traffic tickets with hands-on searches. Less interactions with the public, period.

Every officer who cares about safety should be getting on the bandwagon to end prohibition.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I am so sick and tired of hearing about how dangerous being a police officer is. The last time I checked, no one is having a gun held to their head forcing them to become a police officer. If it is such a dangerous profession and if someone is so concerned that being a police officer is too dangerous, THEN QUIT AND DO SOMETHING YOU ARE MORE SUITED TO DO!

Gunner

I'm more suited to being an exotic dancer and underwear model but because of my lack of dancing skills and tiny junk I'm stuck with being a cop.

And you and the OP are the only two I see complaining in this thread. The JBTs didn't bring itup, you guys did.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I will be honest and say that the danger and excitement is part of what drew me to the job to begin with. I will not complain about the danger until the tools that I have been given to help mitigate the danger are taken away. I wholeheartedly agree with Denny's post above about knowing how to talk to people. I also work with a few folks who seem to be able to make resisters out of anyone and that sux when they show up on a run with me. What he says about getting people to thank you for arresting them is true, it happens to me frequently.
    I was first on scene to a person shot a week or so ago and rendered aid to the victim as best I could until medics got there. The next night I arrested a guy in roughly the same neighborhood on a warrant and for driving while suspended. He recognized me from the night before and said thank you to me for helping his friend. There is no need to be a dick since what comes around goes around. Its plenty to have to worry about random asshats being dangerous to my safety that I dont need to start off by angering them right off the bat.

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    We could improve LEO safety greatly by ending the Drug War. Imagine all those black markets drying up. Gangs and cartels losing their income. No reason for cops to invade homes for plants and substances. Less gang turf war. Far less reason to escalate traffic tickets with hands-on searches. Less interactions with the public, period.

Every officer who cares about safety should be getting on the bandwagon to end prohibition.

Like you want to see any officer safe....good grief.:rolleyes:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    What are you basing your hostile comment on?

I offered a perfectly reasonable suggestion that I would gladly debate you on. The occupation is exposed to unnecessary dangers because of invasive laws and enforcement policies. Instead of becoming more militant I suggest the occupation become less invasive.

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    What are you basing your hostile comment on?

I offered a perfectly reasonable suggestion that I would gladly debate you on. The occupation is exposed to unnecessary dangers because of invasive laws and enforcement policies. Instead of becoming more militant I suggest the occupation become less invasive.

You can't say anything nice about law enforcement...it's abvious that you hate everyone of them to the core...it's not a big secret.:dunno:

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    Does this add anything to the discussion here? Why wold you attack him? To be productive you could agree with him, disagree with him, or ignore him. This is the kind of crap that derails good threads.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom