• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Who's in the wrong? I mean, look at the thread title. :): The walker was just foolish. She should have stepped out of the way and pushed the rider over as she passed. And then kicked her dogs.

No, seriously, it's the rider's fault. Most bike paths I've seen have signs that tell everyone to stay on the right side of the path. And that bikers should pass pedestrians on the left when safe to do so. The stupid **** riding the bike was in the walker's lane.
    And Bicycles are supposed to yield to pedestrians like cars.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    People go both ways on the path. Your logic says pedestrians and cyclists would always be going against each other. That would be brilliant. What do you want to bet there is a sign somewhere that says how people show handle the situation?
    There is on all the paths I use. Something to the effect that everyone should stay on their right side of the path. Pass safely on the left.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's the way it works on regular streets. Pedestrians and vehicular traffic (yes, even bicycles) should always be going against each other. :dunno:
    But multi-use paths are not streets. EVERYONE on a multi-use path is traffic. Also, some paths even have signs that say pedestrians have the right of way. So it's not both of them at fault. It's the cycle ****.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hell, I'd bet even Mike would agree the cycle **** was at fault.

Now here's a situation I wonder about. One of the multi-use paths I ride on has a very long and steep hill. It's a bitch to go up. But the problem is going down. At the bottom of the hill is a curve. It's wooded so in the warm seasons there's foliage blocking the view around the curve. So you can't see until you get down there if anyone is in the way. On the side of the path just after the curve is a bench.

Walkers, usually women, like to congregate in front of the bench, sometimes taking up the whole width of the path. I haven't hit anyone yet, but they're just asking to be hit. And if a rider hits them, the cacklers will prolly sue the rider. I've always been able to stop in time. It's just really stupid to take up the whole path, and very dangerous.

Going down that hill, you gain so much momentum, you don't want to break much because who wants to wear out their breaks? But I feel like I have to feather them a bit so I have room to stop in case there are hens cackling all over the path. A noob on that path wouldn't be aware of the propensity idiots to be gathered there. They might not ride their breaks down.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hell, I'd bet even Mike would agree the cycle **** was at fault.

Now here's a situation I wonder about. One of the multi-use paths I ride on has a very long and steep hill. It's a bitch to go up. But the problem is going down. At the bottom of the hill is a curve. It's wooded so in the warm seasons there's foliage blocking the view around the curve. So you can't see until you get down there if anyone is in the way. On the side of the path just after the curve is a bench.

Walkers, usually women, like to congregate in front of the bench, sometimes taking up the whole width of the path. I haven't hit anyone yet, but they're just asking to be hit. And if a rider hits them, the cacklers will prolly sue the rider. I've always been able to stop in time. It's just really stupid to take up the whole path, and very dangerous.

Going down that hill, you gain so much momentum, you don't want to break much because who wants to wear out their breaks? But I feel like I have to feather them a bit so I have room to stop in case there are hens cackling all over the path. A noob on that path wouldn't be aware of the propensity idiots to be gathered there. They might not ride their breaks down.
    *brakes

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are you one of those annoying people that insists on going in through the left door at a busy store?

At Meijer you have to. ****ing assholes. I don't shop there often. so every store I shop at, you use the door on the right of where you're facing. Going in and out. Meijer? Nope. Left. They just want me to run my face into the door on the right. A Democrat obviously designed that.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    At Meijer you have to. ****ing assholes. I don't shop there often. so every store the door you're facing, you use the right-side door. Going in and out. Meijer? They just want me to run my face into the door on the right.
    Yeah. There are some stores like that. And Menards! Which side is the entrance on? Why am I treated like cattle? I can't get my fat ass through that damnable turnstile. Maybe I should ride my bike more. I already have the ******* part down pretty much.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah. There are some stores like that. And Menards! Which side is the entrance on? Why am I treated like cattle? I can't get my fat ass through that damnable turnstile.

Whenever I go into Menards with my son, he laughs at me because it takes a bit to get through the turnstile. He's an ******* too.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Just wrong on the merits. Permitted, intended, if the entities in charge of the roads leave an unsafe condition and someone is injured car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, pedestrian, etc. they should have equal access to sue the entity that was responsible for the unsafe condition. One use should not have any rights over another legal use.

Do you find this wrong?

Doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. It's legal. So any complaints you have can be refuted with that statement ad nauseum. It's legal.

Top Bottom