• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I cannot speak to the situation in the video. But the law is clear the bus must have three feet of clearance from the bike or the bus is at fault. The bike has the right to use the lane as practicable as needed to safely procede. If this went to court the bus would likely lose…
    The bus didn't have 3 feet of clearance to give with the curb on his left. The bicyclist did.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    The truth is selfish aholes hate ANYTHING that slightly impedes their entitled movements.

Cyclists, farm equipment, etc. You name it, they all are hated, you can read the rants on social media regularly.
    I hate everyone equally. Makes life simpler to navigate. Cyclist need to understand That a vehicle can push them over the cliff on hilly roads, but bikes can’t push vehicles over those same cliffs. I give the same courtesy I receive. I’m sure there are many on the roads that hate me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    "Why the hate for cyclists?"
    My most simplified answer is from the perspective of an automobile driver:
    Bicycles on/in the streets creates an undue hazard AND elevated liability issues for the car driver. I'm not sure it's hate for the biker as much as it is for the increased hazard. I give them as much space as I can because I think that is reasonable AND shields against the hazard. Given my personal druthers, I'd prefer to not have bikes on a road built for cars.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Can you see the broken glass the rider is avoiding? Me either but that is possible and a normal occurrence while riding…
    :rofl: You are something else sometimes.

That guy is just being an ass. He should just have ridden down the middle of the road, as there was no way a vehicle was going to be able to get around him where he was riding anyway. Obviously all of the motor vehicles should just poke along behind this guy because he is too inconsiderate to ride closer to the edge of the road.

It's funny the scooter behind him managed to ride closer to the edge.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Can you see the broken glass the rider is avoiding? Me either but that is possible and a normal occurrence while riding…
    Didjah watch the video? Why defend the dickhead? Is it that if he’s on a bike he must be in your tribe? You gotta defend the indefensible? Here’s the thing. He’s not a dichead because he’s riding a bicycle. He’s a dickhead because he’s riding a bicycle while holding that stupid arriw, daring traffic to breach the impossible limits he’s arbitrarily imposed on other traffic. He got what he deserved. Certainly you’re not defending the idiotic arrow. :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So the bus passing takes precedence over the cyclists safety driving around hazzards?
    The rider, by virtue of the arrow sign, was taking up both lane’s. That’s a dickhead move if it was a car doing it. It doesn’t make him any less a dickhead by riding a bicycle. He wasn’t driving around a hazard and you know it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Dickhead is in a “bike lane” trying to prevent people passing in a vehicle lane…
    You have a dedicated lane… Stay in your own lane dickhead.
    People driving down multi lane highways stay in their own lane and don’t attempt to block traffic passing in other lanes.
    They have it figured out, stop being an intentional dickhead.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Hazzards?
    The broken glass that ISN'T there?

So, the cyclists takes precedence over the bus? The cyclists that has a SIGN IN THE DRIVING LANE?
    If the cyclist is in front of the bus so for the bus it is the same as rear ending another car. Are you presuming the right lane is a bike lane? It is not. Looks like a parking lane. We also cannot see what is coming in that lane but likely parked cars if what is behind is an indication if so the cyclist must get over to the left to be able to get by the parked cars.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    :rofl: You are something else sometimes.

That guy is just being an ass. He should just have ridden down the middle of the road, as there was no way a vehicle was going to be able to get around him where he was riding anyway. Obviously all of the motor vehicles should just poke along behind this guy because he is too inconsiderate to ride closer to the edge of the road.

It's funny the scooter behind him managed to ride closer to the edge.
    You have no more idea what exactly is happening in that video than I do. It is pure speculation. What events happened to cause the cyclist to create the sign?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If the cyclist is in front of the bus so for the bus it is the same as rear ending another car. Are you presuming the right lane is a bike lane? It is not. Looks like a parking lane. We also cannot see what is coming in that lane but likely parked cars if what is behind is an indication if so the cyclist must get over to the left to be able to get by the parked cars.
    The markings indicate that it's a bike lane.

1699741224936.png

Top Bottom