• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Have you lived such a sheltered life that you have never seen the debris on the roads, and there is even more on the edges. That you have never seen all the bottles busted on the roads, all the nails screws and metal you should broaden your horizons, next time you are at the tire shop maybe ask to see their jar of s**t they get out of tires they repair, and those are car and truck tires that were damaged. Get out of the cage and you might see the world from a different perspective.
    It almost seems like riding a bike on the road is a bad idea. You're right, there's a lot crap on the roads, especially the edges. Knowing that, doesn't he who cycles on the road assume the risks?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It almost seems like riding a bike on the road is a bad idea. You're right, there's a lot crap on the roads, especially the edges. Knowing that, doesn't he who cycles on the road assume the risks?
    We all assume our own risks, apparently, at least on INGO management of those risks, as explained by those with thousands of miles of experience, is a joke and a reason cyclists should get out of their way or some will assault them…

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't hate cyclists, but some of them seem interested in their health, but not their survival.

On Saturday morning, I approached a 4 way stop that is obscured by trees and bushes until you are actually stopped at the stop sign. Just as I was stopping, 2 cyclists, spandexed and all, blew through their stop sign to my right and just pedaled on.

Good thing I didn't do the same. Something tells me the Ram 1500 would have faired better if we all decided to be a-holes at that intersection instead of just them.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Have you lived such a sheltered life that you have never seen the debris on the roads, and there is even more on the edges. That you have never seen all the bottles busted on the roads, all the nails screws and metal you should broaden your horizons, next time you are at the tire shop maybe ask to see their jar of s**t they get out of tires they repair, and those are car and truck tires that were damaged. Get out of the cage and you might see the world from a different perspective.

Roads? Roads are for noobs.

I only drive on pristine bike trails.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I don't hate cyclists, but some of them seem interested in their health, but not their survival.

On Saturday morning, I approached a 4 way stop that is obscured by trees and bushes until you are actually stopped at the stop sign. Just as I was stopping, 2 cyclists, spandexed and all, blew through their stop sign to my right and just pedaled on.

Good thing I didn't do the same. Something tells me the Ram 1500 would have faired better if we all decided to be a-holes at that intersection instead of just them.
    See, there you go again expecting cyclists to be concerned for their own well being. Motorists are supposed to be entirely focused on the safety of any cyclist they might possibly encounter so that the cyclists can focus completely on avoiding broken glass, loose rocks, the fit of their nifty spandex unis and the complete disregard of all applicable traffic laws.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    See, there you go again expecting cyclists to be concerned for their own well being.
    Have you ever met a cyclist that was not concerned with their own well being? I have not and have known a lot of cyclists over the years. Actually I am so concerned I rarely get on main roads because drivers are so unconcerned about driving.

Motorists are supposed to be entirely focused on the safety of any cyclist they might possibly encounter so that the cyclists can focus completely on avoiding broken glass, loose rocks, the fit of their nifty spandex unis and the complete disregard of all applicable traffic laws.
    Drivers should be entirely focused on driving safely, not distracted in conversation or on their phones texting, while looking out for pedestrians and cyclists, at least that was what I was taught in drivers ed…

Last edited:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Have you ever met a cyclist that was not concerned with their own well being? I have not and have known a lot of cyclists over the years. Actually I am so concerned I rarely get on main roads because drivers are so unconcerned about driving.

Drivers should be entirely focused on driving safely, not distracted in conversation or on their phones texting, while looking out for pedestrians and cyclists, at least that was what I was taught in drivers ed…
    Yes, plenty. They're the ones that ride down the center of the road apparently worried more about glass and loose gravel than the 3,000 lb. car traveling 40+ mph that may not see them in time. They're also the ones that run stop signs and otherwise ignore traffic rules for convenience.

Maybe we need cyclist's ed to curtail some of the unsafe practices and entitled attitude.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I saw a fellow on Shelby St today with over a dozen cars behind him. He was at the edge of the road but too much traffic to pass. I would guess he was cycling to avoid hassle over HTV status and not for exercise...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yes, plenty. They're the ones that ride down the center of the road apparently worried more about glass and loose gravel than the 3,000 lb. car traveling 40+ mph that may not see them in time. They're also the ones that run stop signs and otherwise ignore traffic rules for convenience.

Maybe we need cyclist's ed to curtail some of the unsafe practices and entitled attitude.
    There are several legal reasons for the cyclist to be there, many you as a car driver may not see or be aware of. At the end of the day it is the cars responsibility not to hit other road users. It is sad we are at a point in society that some celebrate that drivers are so uncaring that other users are afraid to use the roads...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom