• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You mean that the cheap crap that the shyster keeps hucking at the 1500 may not actually be effective?

He asked me to leave his table. I guess testing each one on myself was not helping his sales pitch.

I was in a gun shop once where a guy was trying to coerce his wife/girlfriend/??? into buying a "stun gun" and preaching to her the whole time how awesome and devastating they were. After a while, I couldn't take it anymore, so I got the one that claimed the highest voltage and used it on my arm in front of them to show them. He said "well, that's just your arm." So I did on my chest and then he said, "but that's through clothes," so I did it on my neck.

Probably wasn't a great thing to do for the business owner, but letting people have a false sense of security because of ignorance was worse.

Pants reduce the area of effect of crop dusting.

Clearly the words of experience!

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Think about this: VUPDblue is getting about a 50% success rate with an actual taser.

What does that say about people who rely on cheap "stun guns" as their primary or sole means of defense?

I have a 100% rate, with my S&W..... Just pat my right side, and say "come on down, the price is right" !!!!!

Everyone, so far, has turned tail, and ran .....

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    At 11:19:34, it looks like the officer fires the Taser. Any ideas why it failed in this case? Did the probes not connect? Electrical failure? Or was the guy just not as impressed by being Tasered as he was supposed to be based on the promotional literature?

lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    This is my thought all the way.

I understand why the police officers need tasers, but I seriously have no idea why I would want one. The officers have to engage a lot of people that I can simply ignore or walk/run away from.

If I have to engage in a fight with someone, it's because that person has attacked me or one of mine.

I agree. I can think of no personal protection application for a taser, stun gun, whatever. If someone needs shot by a citizen, they need shot - there is no in between.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    obilg... (I LOLed)

[video=youtube;BasGbfTPx7M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BasGbfTPx7M[/video]

Yes, Im sure it is staged. I still laughed.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    At 11:19:34, it looks like the officer fires the Taser. Any ideas why it failed in this case? Did the probes not connect? Electrical failure? Or was the guy just not as impressed by being Tasered as he was supposed to be based on the promotional literature?

The reason the Taser failed was because it was deployed at too close of a distance. Just think about how the thing works. The Taser needs to have about a 18" spread or so for maximum effectiveness. This is the number one failure reason with the Taser. Matter of fact if the required spread is achieved and the target does not have on a bunch of layers of clothing then they WILL be going down. No one has ever stood and just took the Taser where the contacts are at the optimum spread. There have been many, many guys attempt it including many of the highly motivated and goal driven members in the special ops community. At one time there was a proposition on the table of 10k to anyone that could defeat the Taser. The last I heard the offer stood stood and the reward has never been paid out.

The Taser is not 100% and it never will be. No weapon is 100%. Matter of fact there is no weapon or tool that is 100%. However the Taser is a wonderful weapon and we are lucky to have them. No one has ever been killed by the electrical current that it delivers. They have saved countless life's and even more butt whippings on both sides. I once dropped a HUGE crazy guy with mine. We were in a narrow long hall way of a junk filled home. This guy took exception to us being there to arrest him. He did a full on charge at me and a county guy. I hit him at about twenty feet with a perfect probe spread. He locked up and dropped like a big old oak tree all the while screaming like a school girl. I know for a fact that it saved me from a very bad night. I have had other times were its use was less that spectacular. Still glad I have one even though I will never count on it. It is nice to always have plan "B'. (And "c" and "D".):yesway:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom