Why is water pouring into my gas line conduit?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I have heard water trickling since yesterday. I assumed it was coming from my sump pipe exiting the basement wall.

But now i see it's water pouring into the pipe where my gas line enters. Coming from a few inches below surface of the surrounding rocks. WTH :dunno:

It seems to drain away just fine. My basement sump is kicking on every 25 seconds.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Appears to be the sump. Wonder if the pipe broke or what happened. Perhaps it dumps into corrugated pipe up high and that is blocked :dunno:

Very likely on to something here; either a blocked or broken or severely overloaded pipe down the line.
    Not sure how often your sump pump runs normally, or if it's slowed down any by this evening - yay or nay either is a clue... sometimes you can figure out that you are actually pumping the same water over and over, in a circle, dye can help diagnose that. If you are, you can cut the pipe there with the idea of eventually putting in a cleanout but for now running a temporary hose farther away to move the water away from the house, and use a snake to find the blockage, hopefully.

Top Bottom