Why is it so hard to find a LEFTY holster!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwp9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greensburg
    I have been carrying a gun since '92 and it is still just as hard to find a LH holster as it was back then. I have reacently ordered a holster online to carry my Kimber CC in and it has taken 2 weeks and still not here yet. It really gets frustrating that no one carrys LH holsters and when they do they only have them for something you dont have. If LEFTY's are good enought to buy a gun then they should be able to buy a holster for it. Sorry for the rant but it really gets to me. :xmad:

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    Most lefties are in favor of gun control and are scared to death of weapons. Oh, you mean left handed.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I have been carrying a gun since '92 and it is still just as hard to find a LH holster as it was back then. I have reacently ordered a holster online to carry my Kimber CC in and it has taken 2 weeks and still not here yet. It really gets frustrating that no one carrys LH holsters and when they do they only have them for something you dont have. If LEFTY's are good enought to buy a gun then they should be able to buy a holster for it. Sorry for the rant but it really gets to me. :xmad:

A rant like this means that you've found a market opportunity. You've identified a problem. Now find a way to solve it and you can cash in... :twocents:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :):I have a left-handed Uncle Mike's Size 1 I will sell you for $12 shipped to your address.:):

My son bought it for a SOB carry but it did not fit his weapon. Never been used.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County

Don't feel awful. I ordered an IWB from DM Bullard and it took several months to get to me. Freakin' rediculous. I just order from GALCO now. It may be a large quantity manufacturer, but it doesn't take forever.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I use Crossbreed IWB holsters. Since they're made to order, it doesn't matter which way you want it.

It does take time, but patience is a virtue. If you want a LH holster fast, go to the 1500 and get a Raven kydex holster made while you shop.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    In this case eBay is your friend. I constantly see left handed holsters listed there. It seems to be the place that retailers go to discount and dump their left handed holsters.

dwp9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greensburg
    Finally got my new Kimber holster today. Took long enough but at least I got it. There are a lot of good reply's so thanks for feeling my pain!

MichaelJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I noticed this problem soon after buying my first handgun. For a long time I only owned a shotgun and never gave it a second thought, but as soon as I went looking for a holster I felt this pain.

The worst part is getting email ads from manufacturers showcasing their new holster wares and thinking, "Oh great, that looks awesome. I want one! Please take my money." Only to realize, once reaching their website, that they won't do business with me: grrrrr.

One of the things I've always appreciated about my Beretta guns is that they are either ambidextrous from the factory or user-configurable to left-handed without gunsmithing tools. Unfortunately, they don't adhere to the same practices with their holster offerings.

I really wanted one of those TacLoc holsters that ViridianGreenLaser sells, but they only offer them in right-handed models. I even sent them a request for a custom one and offered them big bucks and they denied me. All it takes is a new plastic mold. Come on.

End rant.

Top Bottom