Why don't all local gun stores go to the 1500?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I've always wondered why Bradis and BGF doesn't have a presence at the 1500?

The number of guns that PSS and ZX was selling the last two days (at their normal low prices) was literally amazing. People lined up to fill out paperwork.

Isn't working those extra hours worth selling HUNDREDS of guns? There's got to be a reason. I just don't know what it is...

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I asked a guy at Bradis that awhile back, he said they didn't see any benefit to is as they do just fine with out going, or something along those lines.

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    ZX was unbelievable Saturday around 2pm. There were atleast 25 guns lined up with drivers licenses attached to them. The fellow on the phone couldn't keep up if his life depended on it. I think if I were ZX, I would raise my prices $10 bucks a gun and you would still sell as many as you can and be more profitable.

I was told it would take 3 hours to get my paper work done. It's like the people that line up for an hour to save a nickle a gallon on gas. My time is worth more than the savings. Also I just walked over to Midwest and they matched ZX's price. It took me longer to walk thru the crowd than it did to be on my way from Midwest. (XDm45)

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Get better prices at Bradis, without waiting in line, paying parking and entrance fee.

I don't think I've ever bought a gun at a gun show.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Last time I checked, tables at the 1500 were $90 each. Takes a lot of new gun sales to just cover the cost of the tables versus keeping them in your store.

And I have to go along with HICKMAN, no parking or door fees at Bradis, and it is much quieter.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Get better prices at Bradis, without waiting in line, paying parking and entrance fee.

I've bought from Bradis. The price I paid at Bradis for my Sig was right in line with what ZX and PSS were charging yesterday. Besides, I wasn't asking from a customer standpoint.

I still got to believe that the number of guns that PSS sold this weekend was 10x what they would have sold at the store.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Last time I checked, tables at the 1500 were $90 each. Takes a lot of new gun sales to just cover the cost of the tables versus keeping them in your store.

And I have to go along with HICKMAN, no parking or door fees at Bradis, and it is much quieter.

Sorry, but I know that it doesnt take much in gun sales to cover $90.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Sorry, but I know that it doesnt take much in gun sales to cover $90.

$90 PER TABLE, not per booth. How many tables did ZX have? 10? 20?

Bradis has told me more than once that they get slammed on the 1500 weekend and they're so busy that they can't divert resources from the store to set up at the 1500.

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    WOW!
    25 people waiting! Do the math.
    If there wasnt any money in it NO ONE would do it.

We're not saying that they aren't making money. Just a hassle to go through to do it. Bringing all that inventory to the show, setting it up, tearing it down, etc. I have been in Bradis's for about an hour on a Saturday and watched them sell about 20 guns in that time.

Wesley Willis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Indiana
    $90 PER TABLE, not per booth. How many tables did ZX have? 10? 20?

Bradis has told me more than once that they get slammed on the 1500 weekend and they're so busy that they can't divert resources from the store to set up at the 1500.

I know that H&H, or now Freedom Firearms, in Fort Wayne, has told me some of their busiest days are the days when the Fort Wayne gun show is at the coliseum. It is already "gun day" for the people at the Coliseum show, so they might as well swing by Freedom on the way home...

Wesley Willis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Indiana
    This is just a thought from me, who has been to Zx Guns actual store in Goshen, and has seen their setup at gun shows. They probably have the same, or more square feet at a gun show than they do in their shop in Goshen. Their shop in downtown Goshen is fairly small, and I swear they have more guns on display at gun shows than they do in their shop. Low overhead in the shop allows for more money to be spent at shows...

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    We're not saying that they aren't making money. Just a hassle to go through to do it. Bringing all that inventory to the show, setting it up, tearing it down, etc. I have been in Bradis's for about an hour on a Saturday and watched them sell about 20 guns in that time.
    I am not saying this doesnt happen also. For the quantity of guns that you could move when people get in a buying frenzy, twenty guns an hour is nothing. I have been at Midwest Gun Exchange when there are no gun shows in the area and witnessed them doing 60 sales an hour between ammo, accessories and firearms. I was there 2 hours.
    again, if it wasnt a money maker to be at the 1500, no one would do it.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    This is just a thought from me, who has been to Zx Guns actual store in Goshen, and has seen their setup at gun shows. They probably have the same, or more square feet at a gun show than they do in their shop in Goshen. Their shop in downtown Goshen is fairly small, and I swear they have more guns on display at gun shows than they do in their shop. Low overhead in the shop allows for more money to be spent at shows...

I have been there. There are storage areas in every gun store. Might have more inventory than you could ever imagine.

Top Bottom