• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Because I am not well endowed and I feel the need to compensate for my self perceived lack of manhood by strapping a hand cannon to my hip to prove once and for all that I am worthy of the title MAN. That and the fact that I watch too many action movies and this has caused me to want to be a hero like on tv because I live in fantasy land.... or so I'm told :rolleyes: . . . must be a soldier thing huh ihateiraq??

lacroixdp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I carry a firearm because I am responsible for my own security. It is every American's duty to exercise their rights, lest they be taken away.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy. It's a catchy phrase but very true. Cops are not there to protect you, they cant. They are there to enforce the law. They are usually called too late to prevent.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    So what kind of car do you drive?

an extended cab 3500 with 52 inch tires.

Because I am not well endowed and I feel the need to compensate for my self perceived lack of manhood by strapping a hand cannon to my hip to prove once and for all that I am worthy of the title MAN. That and the fact that I watch too many action movies and this has caused me to want to be a hero like on tv because I live in fantasy land.... or so I'm told :rolleyes: . . . must be a soldier thing huh ihateiraq??

aside from the "not well endowed" part.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    I carry a gun:

because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.<--not my original quote
    because, like our founders knew, I have a right (as well as the responsibility) to BEAR arms.
    because if freedom isn't fought for, then it is free to be taken.
    because, though I never ever wish to use it against my fellow man, I will not permit the unjust suffering of another.
    because we don't live in the Neighborhood of Make-Believe.
    because 'sheeple' won't do it.
    because I love my family and I must protect them.
    because I want to give the bad guys nightmares when THEY sleep;)
    because an armed society is a polite society.<--I believe that was Heinlein who said it.
    because there are two types of people: those with guns and those who dig...<--for fun

Sorry, I couldn't think of one. Just pick one of those.

Last edited:

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I carry a gun to protect myself from the unexpected.
    I carry a gun because I believe as Americans we are entitled to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
    I carry a gun because I.....will not be a victom.
    I carry a gun because I would rather go down in a reign of gunfire, than be a lamb led to slaughter.
    I carry a gun because I can.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I carry a gun because it makes me look like a really tough guy.

And it certainly does make you look tough. :ar15:
    Glad to see you wrote that in purple, too. Apparently you're such a tough guy that you can write in any girly color you want. :ladiesman:

Also because I can't morally ask any other human to put themselves into a life-threatening situation in order to get me out.

Although I think you know that there just might be somebody right beside you who would do exactly that. If only she would practice her draw...:draw:

Because, given the vastness of Earth and the fullness of time, I can't logically expect there to be someone around to help me in the few seconds it takes to get mugged, beaten, or killed. And finally because there really are evil people on this world and I won't leave the lives of my family and loved ones up to someone else's mood.

:patriot: Agreed.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I carry because my life experience has taught me that contrary to what the sheep think , bad things can and do happen to good people .

I carry because there are scum in this world that don't care about anyone else , only what they can take from them .

I carry mainly for mine and my families protection .

No delusional "hero" fantasies but under certain circumstances I might have to defend someone who can't defend themselves .

rtrouten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Because my family fought to protect are rights and I am a firm believer in protecting every right, most importantly the one that I know enables me to protect my family, and myself...The 2nd ammenment

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    found this here..
    Why You Should Carry a Gun One Man’s Thoughts
    I don’t carry a gun to kill people.
    I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don’t carry a gun to scare people.
    I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m evil.
    I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I hate the government.
    I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m angry.
    I carry a gun so that I don’t have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don’t carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
    I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m a cowboy.
    I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don’t carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
    I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don’t carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
    I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don’t carry a gun because I love it.
    I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Top Bottom