• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Fish, Homemade coleslaw, homemade jalepeno hushpuppies and corn bread.

5v1xyv.jpg

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    My fish went from the water onto ice spent about 10 minutes cleaning (cut myself had to clean up) and then straight into the breading and fryer. No salt water soak and i cut off the yellow meat. The dog didn't even want a piece of it and he eats night crawlers lol.

Gonna try and get some worms tonight since it rained and go to the river tomorrow.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    My fish went from the water onto ice spent about 10 minutes cleaning (cut myself had to clean up) and then straight into the breading and fryer. No salt water soak and i cut off the yellow meat. The dog didn't even want a piece of it and he eats night crawlers lol.

Gonna try and get some worms tonight since it rained and go to the river tomorrow.

Add some lemon juice mixed with water for a soak

tackshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 11, 2014
    Southside
    Going to buy my licenses with this week's paycheck, cant wait to go! probably just going to hit up the ponds in plainfield park maybe browncounty state park

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I'll try soaking my next one in the lemon juice.

I went for a while today saw a metric $hi7 ton of carp along the bank caught 7 fish all together. This was my favorite

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    Caught my first Crappie ever on a little maraboue jig. Took my nephew fishing with me. I wasn't having any luck with bass so put on one of those small jigs and to my surprise a crappie grabbed on! Then I tied one of those jigs onto my nephews rod and he ended up catching four crappie while I caught zero bass. lol. Didn't take any of the fish home though. Wish I could catch a blue-gill. Bill Dance says blue-gill put up a good fight for their size.

Crappie Fishing with Marabou Crappie Jig - YouTube

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Went tonight my normal spot was under about 4ft of water but i made do caught a couple good size cats that put up a heck of a fight. Here are a few pics from today.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    What type of rod is it? Does it have a warranty? I've broken two rods, thankfully, they were under warranty and repaired/replaced at little cost. I responded to your WTB ad, Cabela's is having a good sale right now on fly rods.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    Nice bass. How does that sit-in-side kayak paddle? Is it efficient to paddle? Is it hard or easy to reach down into the water to grab the bass from the sit-in-side kayak?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I have no idea about efficiency and what not, I just just go.

I've lost a few bass from my lap on the sit on, pros and cons to both styles.

Here's a little Tour de Kayak video:

[video=youtube_share;k1dhVoG04zI]http://youtu.be/k1dhVoG04zI[/video]

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    One thing I like about the sit-in is the extra seat room.

My brother has a stadium seat for extra back support and could probably fit a bass boat seat in there.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What type of rod is it? Does it have a warranty? I've broken two rods, thankfully, they were under warranty and repaired/replaced at little cost. I responded to your WTB ad, Cabela's is having a good sale right now on fly rods.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into the Cabela's rods, that seems like a pretty good deal. I have yet to start shopping locally or online for this, been busy fishing.

The broken rod is a StCroix. Third StCroix that has broken from regular use for me. The first two I returned to Dick's, the last one somewhat "creatively."

The last broken rod (guide ceramic broken out) StCroix CS said they would fix if I would ship to them with $20 to cover return shipping. I was NOT happy to pay $30-$40 to fix a $100 rod advertised with a supposed lifetime warranty. I like their rods, but not 30-40% more than selling price.

No more StCroix's for me, although I likely will pay the ransom to get this one fixed. I haven't looked into how they deal with their "Lifetime Warranty" currently. Maybe I'm not the only one dissapointed and they've changed accordingly to keep their customers?
    Enough with the rant.:xmad:

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I have a St. Croix Trump spinning rod I bought over the winter that I have been using this summer and I really enjoy using it and I think that thing is built supper tough. One of the guides was a tad crooked (not much though, a few degrees) and I thought maybe I bent it a little while loading/unloading it from the car. I tried to bend it straight but could hardly get that guide to move. It was not bent much at all though, I was just being picky and it still works 100% fine. I hope to invest in some more St. Croix rods later in the summer. I want a Mojo bass spinning rod and maybe an Avid spinning rod. Maybe a St. Croix fly fishing rod in the future.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    One thing I like about the sit-in is the extra seat room.

My brother has a stadium seat for extra back support and could probably fit a bass boat seat in there.

I'm planning on getting a second kayak this summer and I'm still deciding what to get. Maybe another sit-on-top but others have advised I get a sit-inside because it will keep me a little drier during cold (spring/fall) fishing and next year I definitely want to be out on the water by the end of March if possible. Also sit-insides are usually lighter in weight.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Took the family out today, I caught 7 or 8 largemouth, ranging from tiny to 3lbs. My daughter hooked into 5 or 6 bluegill and a nice 2lb largemouth. The wife had a few bites but apparently has forgotten how to pay attention to the line and set the hook:ugh:

so how stable are those sit in kayaks? I want something I can fish the strip pits with, but not something I'm going to fall out of, or that's going to dunk me if I get sideways in choppy water, I'm definetly not a strong swimmer so a life ets would be a must.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... I hope to invest in some more St. Croix rods later in the summer...
    ...Maybe a St. Croix fly fishing rod in the future.

I'd be happy to sell you a 6' medium action St Croix Premier spinning rod AND the broken 5W fly rod when back from warranty service. Both at noticeable discounts. Let me know...

Top Bottom