• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    If you can weed out the BS, most folks will tell you ALL they know about the fishing in the area. I am the same way, but I'm actually working on keeping my mouth shut if I don't know who I'm talking to, at least a little. :rolleyes:

+1
    Some people will just come up to me and openly give their spots up. I keep my mouth shut for the most part but ill give up pretty well known spots. I did have a pretty strange experience with an Indian (native american for the politically correct) once. He came up to my buddy and i while we were salmon fishing and started telling us about a spot he had where he caught keeper limit of walleye every day. So i asked him what he was using and he told me," artificial bait". So i asked him what kind of artificial he was using. He then went off on me and told me to take a hint. We exchanged some words and he left. It was very odd if you ask me.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Ran into a nice 6.5# last night on Monroe as the sun was setting:

6312_10151511970803528_1353991080_n.jpg

the boy got some action as well:

1003121_10151512122623528_839280328_n.jpg

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    +1
    Some people will just come up to me and openly give their spots up. I keep my mouth shut for the most part but ill give up pretty well known spots. I did have a pretty strange experience with an Indian (native american for the politically correct) once. He came up to my buddy and i while we were salmon fishing and started telling us about a spot he had where he caught keeper limit of walleye every day. So i asked him what he was using and he told me," artificial bait". So i asked him what kind of artificial he was using. He then went off on me and told me to take a hint. We exchanged some words and he left. It was very odd if you ask me.
    Back around 2000-2001 the owner of a resort we stay at asked everyone staying there to keep an "eye" on where I was fishing each day and report back to him where I was seen and at what time. Then by checking the gut buckets in the fish house he would figure out my spots and species caught at each. Now, at that point I knew him about 10 years and considered him a friend. I had already promised to take his son fishing with me any time he could go during that visit.

What drove him nuts is members of my family could sit in the middle of the lodge, talk openly about the lake, where we had just been fishing that day and NO ONE knew WTF we were talking about. We had been fishing that lake since 74, we had a friend buy a resort on it, I worked on it 3 summers, spent a huge amount of time on that lake and in that area. But the key was my Dad had a gift for nicknames and once he gave a peson or spot one, he often refused to remember that persons real name. I am sure it came from being in combat and only wanting to remember those closest to him but we all learned his gift.

So when we talk about Bow Wow Point, Mink Holler, The Singin' Swedes, The Meat Factory, Pike Bay, Turkey Bay, Perch Point, The Log, The Cookie Monster's House, Cabin #3, Mosquito Heaven, Moose Swamp, The Sunken Snowmobile (which is long gone but the spot remains) or any point in relation to one of those points no one knows. Speak in codes and you will be a happier fisherman.

As for the resort owner, once I knew the game was on, I spent a lot of time trolling or anchored in dead spots just to F with him, with two lakes and 1500 acres of water he could not figure out squat about my spots. At the end of the week I handed him a copy of my master map and notes but I never gave him code names to a single spot. :cool:

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    It was my only day off, so I didnt get on the water till 1230, couldnt stay past 4, so kinda bad timing i think. If I didnt want to sleep in, I coulda got there first thing, prob would have done much better.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    prob not... Though I pitched a moss mouse and skirted frog, close to the shore, half the time I was there, all through the weeds, never saw ONE sign of life in that water. Couple guys there said they were there since the sun came up and only caught a few fish in the morning.

I need a good place to take my kayak near indy.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm pretty sure I wanna go to Zoub's house and JT's boat!

BTW, a little teaser...
    ...I started cleaning and gathering up the components of someone's next fish harvesting platform. I'll have a 10ft truck bed boat for sale before long...

Last edited:

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I caught my second fish (in my newbie fishing career) yesterday evening. I was using a blue plastic lizard and tossed it near a shallow water area with some limbs sticking up and I drug it across the bottom. A bass grabbed it and I started reeling it in. Even got pictures but I don't think I can post attachments here on this board. I posted them on another fishing discussion board and someone identified my fish as a Large Mouth Bass. Sweet!

Funny thing is - I've caught two fish so far since I started fishing. Both times I was using my least favorite reel - the baitcaster! lol. I have not used my baitcaster in three weeks because I was tired of all the backlashes. I tried it yesterday evening and I did pretty good with it - only one small backlash that only took ten seconds to fish. Now I want a nice Shimano Chronarch. :D

I love plastic lizards now!

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    +1

What was the hint? I don't get it. Was he trying to tell you to leave the area?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    First fish of the day was a junk rock bass
    20130611_062159_zps40a2a1e3.jpg

Then i got into this smallie, not very big.
    20130612_065020_zpsf64bac23.jpg

Then the biggest fish of the day probably around 3lbs
    20130612_070742_zps1e5921e1.jpg

I know it looks like a dink, but its just a combination of my poor photo skills and my fat fingers. This fish was rocking my reel in the seat, and im genuinely disappointed that my photo makes it look like a baby.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Then the biggest fish of the day probably around 3lbs
    20130612_070742_zps1e5921e1.jpg

I know it looks like a dink, but its just a combination of my poor photo skills and my fat fingers. This fish was rocking my reel in the seat, and im genuinely disappointed that my photo makes it look like a baby.

Fishing by yourself does make it almost impossible to get a decent pic of any fish you catch... Had the same problem myself.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    3# is a pretty decent IN smallie, isn't it?

It was a decent fish. I have no way of verifying it to be a 3lb fish. it may of been less since it was just a ball park guess. im going to need to go buy a scale so i can be for sure.

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Bass are fun;
    2013-06-07_16-26-19_707_zps04ecce24.jpg

...after the freezer is full ;);
    2013-06-07_22-54-15_975_zps7c613d83.jpg

Nice fishing pictures! Would you consider posting any of them on http://www.lunker.com? We are trying to build a place for anglers to show off their fishing photos and have their stories be told!

I realize the site is a little empty right now, but we plan to add user profiles, photo ratings, and lake-centric pages to highlight all the catches in Indiana's finest fishing destinations.

:welcome: to Lunker.com!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Nice fishing pictures! Would you consider posting any of them on http://www.lunker.com? We are trying to build a place for anglers to show off their fishing photos and have their stories be told!

I realize the site is a little empty right now, but we plan to add user profiles, photo ratings, and lake-centric pages to highlight all the catches in Indiana's finest fishing destinations.

:welcome: to Lunker.com!

Nice site! You guys gonna have a discussion area and Classifieds Section?

...I started cleaning and gathering up the components of someone's next fish harvesting platform...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...299603-wts_10_jon_boat_setup.html#post4254871

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Went with the intent of catching Bluegills

232323232%7Ffp54347%3Enu%3D4548%3E98%3B%3E255%3EWSNRCG%3D349%3B%3B5596%3B346nu0mrj

Caught a limit of Brook Trout instead. I may head back today for an hour or so to see if I can do that again. No fish were harmed in the taking of these pictures but all were gutted and 3 were pan fried and eaten. The two left will be part of a test recipe today.

232323232%7Ffp54377%3Enu%3D4548%3E98%3B%3E255%3EWSNRCG%3D349%3B%3B4964%3B346nu0mrj

Top Bottom