Who's going to one of the nicest gun auctions ever?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    You got it. I have the same plan, but I will have a few bux on me just in the unlikely event that there is something that I want/can afford....

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Can one of you guys who is going please pick me up the Colt Diamondback .22? Money is no object. Just buy it, no matter how high it goes. Ship it to me and when I get it I'll mail you a check for $50 over the price, ya know, for your trouble. Thanks.:thumbsup:

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Can one of you guys who is going please pick me up the Colt Diamondback .22? Money is no object. Just buy it, no matter how high it goes. Ship it to me and when I get it I'll mail you a check for $50 over the price, ya know, for your trouble. Thanks.:thumbsup:

I saw the 38 special Diamondback on the list but I must have missed seeing the 22lr model, anyway, I had the 4" 22lr model for a long time, I hated the grips and I never found any aftermarket grips for it that I liked so I got rid of it and bought a 4"S&W model 63 Kit Gun. Still have it and still love it.

P.S. I still have not found much on Gary Roberts though, he's still kind of kind of like a mystery, to me anyway.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I would like to know more about Gary as well.
    So if someone does get some bio info, please post it up.

Well I did a Bing search and found that he and his wife had an accident about 1/2 mile from their home in Carthage, In. back in September where she was driving a lead car and he failed to see her stop and rear ended her with their second car. Flipped her over and pinned her in the Jeep she was driving for a while but she only had minor injuries.
    I also found he had received a $2099 farm subsidy for I beleive, Winter Wheat, so he must have been farming.
    So far that's it. Now I know some farmers can make a lot of money farming but it also cost a lot to farm and it's every bit a gambling game just like poker.
    So that's all I have found so far.

338sniper

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    I could answer a lot of your questions about Gary, but it seems irrelevant. His intrest in quality firearms speaks volumes itself. Let the guy rest.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I also asked about him today and one person said he was a big time farmer. I took that to mean he farmed lots of land. That explains the money. They also said he was a real nice guy and the last time he spoke with him he didn't seem like he had dropped his ballon.

338sniper

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    So who wants to keep track of what the items sell for and post the list with the sell price after the auction

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I could answer a lot of your questions about Gary, but it seems irrelevant. His intrest in quality firearms speaks volumes itself. Let the guy rest.

Do not misunderstand our interest in Gary. It seems right now from MSM accounts that he was a nut job with a bunch of guns going off his rocker. I'm sure that's not the case. It does seem unusual for any one individual to have so many firearms although there are those who might think the same of me and others on this list.
    I was just interested, as others are in giving someone who knew Gary a chance to set the record straight.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Well maybe the gun shops with wads of cash wont be looking for the same guns I'm looking for to complete my collection. They might not be bidding on the Hi Point 9mm that I pick up for $250. I will be sayin "Ha Ha see ya sucka's" on the way out the door.
    :rockwoot: :lmfao:
    Hey, I'll save you some effort. I have one I'll let you have for $250 !!

El Gabito

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Fishers
    I didn't realize auctions would go to retail or above. Is this true even on the "common" items? Never been to a firearm auction, but I bought my dining room table from this auction house and got a great deal on it. Different markets obviously :)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm not sure what to expect. Gun store shelves have guns, ARs are returning to pre-Sandy Hook prices, ammo is (more) available. Speaking of ammo, there's enough at this sale to drive local prices down 10%.

There are a lot of weapons (Garands, Johnson Automatics) that will go at crazy prices, FN/FALs, Sig 210s, etc. probably will too. Will the wheel-guns sneak in at reasonable prices? Can you pick up 1,000 rounds of 5.56 for $350??

Auctions: all it takes is one dumbarse not keeping his mitts in his pockets and it ruins it for the rest of us. If its too high, DON'T RAISE YOUR HAND!!

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Don't forget...
    10% buyers premium (haven't been to an auction in a long time; when did this start, and how do they get away with it?)
    7% Indiana sales tax (don't know if this is calculated on the bid or on bid + buyers premium)
    $20 transfer fee (non-NFA items)

Thus, your $200 bid on that bargain climbs to over $250. A $500 winning bid goes out the door over $600.

Think before you bid.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I went to the preview. Lots of nice stuff but I saw several fake cartouches on some of the Garands. Some of the accessories looked like they had been stored outside in a barn.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    As much as I would love to take a chance and try to snag one of the 75B's. Its not worth the drive down to be disappointed. My wife and I do storage unit auctions from time to time and see the wars that go on.

Top Bottom