• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Who's fired up about deer season ? I know I am, I live for deer season... Went out the other day hung another stand, Im in a tree that has no back cover so I made my own useing cut branches and wired them up in a big bunch then wired them to a screw in step up about head high in both sides of my tree... It looks great and should add good back cover for me... So we got 13 more days till we can be in the woods, I don't get to serious till the 3rd week of october but I sure am glad its almost here... I don't have any urban land so gotta wait till october but at least I get to hunt... Good luck to everyone and please be safe...

Last edited:

rabidsquirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    North Webster
    I've been setting up ground blinds and clearing paths to sneak through. I've decided this year I'm staying on the ground. My butt hurts just thinking about sitting in a tree stand.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I wish I could. Me and my physical health wouldn't allow me to walk over rougher terrain nor to climb into a tree stand. I am more of a stalker that a "wait until they come to me" kind of hunter. The past number of years I must depend on my Nephew to bring the meat home. I love eating grilled deer meat.

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    I haven't been this fired up about deer season in about 10 years, I bought some land last year, added a gravel driveway and electric hook up for my camper, and have been cutting firewood for the past month, just about ready to do a weekend dry run to make sure the camper is ready and everything works, after that it's me my friends and some good times again, can't wait this has been along time coming and way over due, spent to many years hunting with the wrong people.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    anyone ever go out and sit in a stand before season, just to observe?

I've got one more stand to move this weekend and think I may move during lunch, then go back and sit until dark with a camera.

How's that for wanting to be in the woods!

tackshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 11, 2014
    Southside
    I am!!! I finally talked my girlfriends family to let me hunt their farm after 3 long years. I'm going out this week to scout and set up either stands blinds or both.

Good luck to all!!

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Hickman, I thought of doing that oh so often but my wife already thinks I am too obsessed with deer hunting plus she would count that time as part of my hunting time which she seems to keep pretty good track of. If I was not an hour away from both pcs of land that I hunt, I probably would do that though. Good luck

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Just put a new string, peep sight and kisser button on my Bowtech Insanity. Stands are up. I'm ready except shoulder is messed up, rotator cuff needs surgery. On the bright side, but the torn muscle does not come into play when drawing the bow. Surgeon says I can't hurt it any worse than it is, so I have his permission to enjoy deer season and show up for surgery in January. :):

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

I've got one more stand to move this weekend and think I may move during lunch, then go back and sit until dark with a camera.

I like to stay out of my woods as much as possible once the stands are up to avoid disturbing them. I put a couple trail cams up and I adjust stand locations if necessary, but this year I have some nice deer hanging around. Last year I saw a lot of deer during archery season. That totally changed after first day of firearms season, as it usually does. Seems like their patterns tend to change as the leaves fall and the weather gets colder and the rut kicks into high gear, so I've learned to not get married to any one particular spot, but to move the stands during the season to be where the deer are. :yesway:

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana

I did that a few years back, went out in aug. with my video camera and got 6 bucks on tape and one was a shooter and ended up killing him later that year.. It was cool they had know clue I was there, they were all in velvet just feeding around and I still got the tape some where... Me and my buddy use to film each other for years and made a DVD of our hunts ...

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    I picked up a 450 bushmaster upper 20" for my AR to hunt with and ordered flip up trijicon sights from Larue Tactical , since I will only be shooting less than 100 yards , more like 50-75 , and the upper being a long shot for my land , I am guessing I will set the sights at 50 yards and next year I will have more time to concentrate on scoping this rifle.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I'm almost ready. Got to rehang a stand and clear a few shooting lanes. Hope everyone enjoys themselves. i also enjoy sitting stands before season. this weather is getting me excited!!

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Got my hang on put up yesterday afternoon. Used screw in steps so my hands are raw. The hang on seems to be getting heavier each year.

Put it in a new spot where a lot of the deer seem to funnel through. It has lots of cover so that my knees are covered by a small pine in front. Should be good for gun season also as I can see other parts if the property.

Getting excited about bow season

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have been hunting most of the same places for almost 40 years. No real need to scout anymore. Just check out a few fields after a rain to look for fresh tracks.

i always buy one piece of equipment a year and this year might be a new dehydrator for jerky making. Last year was a solo vortex monocular. The year before a new set of boots.

Was as going to shoot the field guns today but it is to windy. I need to get the tree rat gun out and take a few shots with the deer gun.

The main objective is the hunting truck tranny needs work. Would not be deer season without that truck.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom