Not open for further replies.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I use a VPN quite often as well. Not so much recently since I'm searching for a better provider but once I find one I like almost every bit of traffic will go through it.
    There are a number of criteria at play, but nothing is perfect. Rest assured that if one gets banned for a shill, an email can usually clear things up. Generally those cases are rare.
    Often a pm will be sent requesting info on multiple logins. Matches on previously banned accounts raise eyebrows.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Not trying to argue the case for whoever was banned. I just saw some things I commonly do mentioned as being red flags. I take my privacy, online & otherwise pretty seriously. I use a VPN as much as possible, email headers & picture info are scrubbed, offshore email service, Linux OS, etc. Anything that's firearm or political is always run through a VPN.

I've had forum and other accounts banned before because of the IP address coming from the VPN was flagged for spam when I registered. Some I was able to get back, one didn't respond when I inquired and one flat out told me T.S.

There's an amazing amount of people out there that think just because I like my privacy that means that I'm doing something wrong and have something to hide.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Not trying to argue the case for whoever was banned. I just saw some things I commonly do mentioned as being red flags. I take my privacy, online & otherwise pretty seriously. I use a VPN as much as possible, email headers & picture info are scrubbed, offshore email service, Linux OS, etc. Anything that's firearm or political is always run through a VPN.

Don't get hung up on the VPN part. VPNs do not provide much privacy from your destination sites. You've voluntarily identified yourself via your login. The user was banned for their behavior/posts on the site, not their VPN usage. The VPN IPs were part of how they were identified as a repeat offender.

Last edited:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I heard Bunnykid got banned for pooping in the Bugatti, and trying to hump Que's leg. It's just a rumor, so keep it between us. That's why I sent this in a private message. This ain't for all the *****es and whiners, otherwise, I'd have just posted it. Lurk on!

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I heard Bunnykid got banned for pooping in the Bugatti, and trying to hump Que's leg. It's just a rumor, so keep it between us. That's why I sent this in a private message. This ain't for all the *****es and whiners, otherwise, I'd have just posted it. Lurk on!

Thank God you only sent this in a private message. I am still in trouble for drinking the monkey's last beer on a Sunday :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom