Not open for further replies.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I just read his post. Whoa, ran right up to the edge and jumped off. he knew it was going to not end well. He committed suicide by mod.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I just read his post. Whoa, ran right up to the edge and jumped off. he knew it was going to not end well. He committed suicide by mod.

giphy.gif

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good luck. I was force-fed enough soap in my early teens to develope a taste for it. :laugh:

TO quote Carlin...

One of the things you wish you would have said to your parents:

"I'll wash your mouth out with soap!"
    "I'll blow bubbles out my a**!"

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Good luck. I was force-fed enough soap in my early teens to develope a taste for it. :laugh:

I cannot say that I ever developed a taste for it, but I can say that I prefered the taste of any soap over my grandmother's divinity with black walnuts. Come to think of it, I'd rather have ate bugs, dirt, paint chips (with lead), the damp contents of guttering, chunky spoiled milk... It was bad.

When I read HR's post, I felt like he drafted that as a farewell post. He did not flirt with any gray area, but dove right into the deep water.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I cannot say that I ever developed a taste for it, but I can say that I prefered the taste of any soap over my grandmother's divinity with black walnuts. Come to think of it, I'd rather have ate bugs, dirt, paint chips (with lead), the damp contents of guttering, chunky spoiled milk... It was bad.

When I read HR's post, I felt like he drafted that as a farewell post. He did not flirt with any gray area, but dove right into the deep water.

His actual quote was from Dante's Inferno. I would also suggest not quoting Huckleberry Finn.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If a post is so bad as to lead to a permanent ban, shouldn't said offensive post be removed?

The Mods are in a no win situation with this. If they delete it they are accused of hiding something. If they leave it they are scolded for leaving offensive posts up. They can't win.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It was, and I'm sorry he decided to go there. I really didn't intend for the thread to turn into "ban bait", and for the most part it has remained political, which was my hope. Guess I was a bit of a Pollyanna.

That is the nature of things. Some folks just can not stop their moth like attraction to a flame.........................​POOF

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It was, and I'm sorry he decided to go there. I really didn't intend for the thread to turn into "ban bait", and for the most part it has remained political, which was my hope. Guess I was a bit of a Pollyanna.

That is the nature of things. Some folks just can not stop their moth like attraction to a flame.........................​POOF

I really found little to disagree with his post though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I really found little to disagree with his post though.

I know. I also enjoyed his posts for the most part.
    My point is that even knowing it will end badly folks will push the nose over and dive straight into the rules.
    I understand the rules in here. They makes perfect sense to me. Agree or not we have a great place to hang out. I have met the absolute best people through this place. (is this really a place)
    And, well, I got to meet you..................:yesway:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The Mods are in a no win situation with this. If they delete it they are accused of hiding something. If they leave it they are scolded for leaving offensive posts up. They can't win.

The ban is because the post broke a rule. The rule is there to keep the board "clean" and such. Why leave the stain unless it's as a warning to others? Is it the person that is in violation or the post? A problem is identified and the cause was removed, but not the problem :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom