• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    what company makes the best m4 stock... need to know what you guys think for my next build. I looking for one with the least amount of wobble and play possible?? looking for the hole thing buffer tube and stock

thanks

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    As far as security, it would be the Magpul CTR or ACS, hands down; both have the friction lock lever that eliminates virtually all play between the tube and the stock body (I say "virtually" because tubes can vary and I've seen some on which the CTR still has a tiny bit of movement even with the lever locked). As far as comfort and utility, I gotta go with VLTOR, especially with this deal going on: Vltor Carbine Modstock Basic Kit

LRHostetler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have a Magpul CTR on a Vltor 5 position mil-spec receiver extension. I couldn't be happier. There is no play at all in the stock.

IMG_0469.jpg

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Until I got my LMT SOPMOD I would have said the CTR hands down, but I am in LOVE with my SOPMOD stock.

Yes, in LOVE!!!

This is coming from a guy that owns 5 (FIVE) CTR stocks.

The SOPMOD is the most comfortable stock I have ever shot on any shoulder mounted weapon.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    The above being said, the SOPMOD is twice the price of the CTR and neither the CTR or the SOPMOD is normally offered as a kit with the buffer tube, spring, and buffer.

The SOPMOD was designed in Indiana by a Hoosier though!!! I met him at the last Indy 1500 and talked to him about his latest project, a 20mm vehicle mounted anti-material sniper Rifle.

PeacekeeperMX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    I have a VLTOR EMod and a SOPMOD. The SOPMOD has the tightest fit, but I like the angle of the buttplate on the Emod better

jjlaughner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Brownsburg
    :twocents: I'd have to say the SOPMOD also, I don't have experience with the others. I tried the SOPMOD and bought it. It's fits me really well, its solid, has a couple little storage compartments :cool:

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    The above being said, the SOPMOD is twice the price of the CTR and neither the CTR or the SOPMOD is normally offered as a kit with the buffer tube, spring, and buffer.

The SOPMOD was designed in Indiana by a Hoosier though!!! I met him at the last Indy 1500 and talked to him about his latest project, a 20mm vehicle mounted anti-material sniper Rifle.

Was it the folks at Crane?

I just ordered the Vltor Basic Mod stock due to the special that's running at BCM. I heard it's pretty close to LMT unless you have a tactical beard, at which point it could pull your hairs some.

Top Bottom