• ...and so much more!
  • JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Did a few searches and finding a lack of discussion on "real" machine guns (aka ones with a belt, however, will give a few LMG's such as the Bren and maybe a BAR FND honorable mention ;-)

Besides shooting at friends and one local range (neither of which is a good option for a larger group), in the past have had outings to KCR (not the 2nd week of Oct or April ;-) for a day out with the belt guns, plus the little brothers. Might be an interesting ad hoc field trip when the weather get warm again, and everyone is sending in their 5320.20 for the year.

Appreciate any leads to the belt gun threads, local resources and/or shooters that I missed.

Regards
    John

Last edited:

MarioMarietta

Marksman
    Rating - 96.9%
    61   2   1
    Apr 20, 2010
    Clinton Indiana
    I can bring out the PKM Dealer Sample if you can get guys together

Did a few searches and finding a lack of discussion on "real" machine guns (aka ones with a belt, however, will give a few LMG's such as the Bren and maybe a BAR FND honorable mention ;-)

Besides shooting at friends and one local range (neither of which is a good option for a larger group), in the past have had outings to KCR (not the 2nd week of Oct or April ;-) for a day out with the belt guns, plus the little brothers. Might be an interesting ad hoc field trip when the weather get warm again, and everyone is sending in their 5320.20 for the year.

Appreciate any leads to the belt gun threads, local resources and/or shooters that I missed.

Regards
    John

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Lets do a get together at where we have the pumpkin shoot belt feds and sniper rifles thats a thousand yard range

If you are hooking up a 1000 yrd range, I can find a few extra belts for the 1919A4, a box or two for the Sako TRG-42 and don't count .223 ;-).

Regards
    John

P.S. We have passed at OO's Indy 1500 tables.

MarioMarietta

Marksman
    Rating - 96.9%
    61   2   1
    Apr 20, 2010
    Clinton Indiana
    Let me know when you want to. I will be down there this sunday doing some work with my Rem. 700 SPS and letting someone try out a couple guns.

If you are hooking up a 1000 yrd range, I can find a few extra belts for the 1919A4, a box or two for the Sako TRG-42 and don't count .223 ;-).

Regards
    John

P.S. We have passed at OO's Indy 1500 tables.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Red Brush had a pumpkin shoot Sunday before last. I think it's an annual thing. They also have regular subgun matches.

Never made it down, friend and his better half shot there a while back, however, almost a little far to not stay over night. Besides can get to KCR faster ;-) Been a dozen years but friends "disposed" of his old car at KCR during the a week day shoot. KCR Shoot March 1997

Last edited:

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    That sounds great.How many class 3 guns do you own?

The bottom line is "never enough" ;-). Plus some of the guys are Class II manufactures and/or SOTs, thus the option when they come along of playing with post samples.

Regards
    John

P.S. Typically in the group I shoot with, we tend not to ask just to be polite (similar to not asking what one's yearly income is) plus makes a nice surprise when a new toy shows up at a shoot ;-)

Top Bottom