• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Carried my stainless P90 in an OWB Bianchi for most of the afternoon today... proving once again I'm basically "1990s man".

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    What counts as "big?"

Lately for me it's been a VP9. Bigger than most compacts, smaller than most full-sized pistols. With a light it carries pretty darn big. It's about to get bigger with a red dot soon.

Anyway, I don't see much reason to carry a small gun these days. I'm still working from home and don't really care if people see my carry rig when I'm in public.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Like DadSmith, I'm a little disappointed with the responses in this thread ..... I thought that the OP said "BIG guns".
    I have many witnesses on INGO that have seen me carry this combination .... well, maybe not seen the little guy, because he's in my front pocket.

As long as I have a cover garment, or am in my own home ..... a .500 Magnum often serves as my main carry. Why not ?

i-5RddS94-M.jpg

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Like DadSmith, I'm a little disappointed with the responses in this thread ..... I thought that the OP said "BIG guns".
    I have many witnesses on INGO that have seen me carry this combination .... well, maybe not seen the little guy, because he's in my front pocket.

As long as I have a cover garment, or am in my own home ..... a .500 Magnum often serves as my main carry. Why not ?

i-5RddS94-M.jpg
    In what settings are you carrying? What scenarios are you preparing for? What gaps does this gun fill that other calibers don't?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I have no gaps ! Why not prepare for the elephant .... or are you expecting a squirrel ?

I'm now of the belief that you are the Scrooge McDuck of hunny and have a realistic reason to defend against roaming hordes of rogue Poohs. :lmfao:

So, as to why not... I'm now in your camp (assuming I was already legally deaf).

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm now of the belief that you are the Scrooge McDuck of hunny and have a realistic reason to defend against roaming hordes of rogue Poohs. :lmfao:

So, as to why not... I'm now in your camp (assuming I was already legally deaf).
    Thank you .... I think ! I've been trying to follow the old Boy Scout motto (Be Prepared) since I was a young boy ... and that was a long time ago.

Also, the old saw "a handgun is only for fighting your way to your long gun" is a wise one.

But I do like my S&W 500, and was told (by Bob, at PSP) that my 4" barreled one was likely the 1st one to arrive in Indy.....I've owned it a long time. I'm not prone to worrying about follow-up shots when I'm carrying it.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

i-5RddS94-M.jpg
    Now that's what I call the big guns.

My younger days i use to sport my 6.5" Taurus model 44 on my side in a leather holster I had 2 speed loaders for it as well. Now days I feel what they don't know doesn't hurt their feelings.

John Arthurs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Same here 365, have issues at work also but the Bodyguard fits nice in the rear pocket and for several years has never been noticed . I carry Liberty civil defense in both, you?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Low capacity
    Overpenetration
    Disorienting flash in low light
    Slow follow-up shots
    Ammo is $3/round +
    Hillary Hole
    Replacement cost if confiscated by police

Just to name a few...
    What a Debbie downer!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Low capacity
    Overpenetration
    Disorienting flash in low light
    Slow follow-up shots
    Ammo is $3/round +
    Hillary Hole
    Replacement cost if confiscated by police

Just to name a few...
    Oh my ... a real downer, you are ! I also stated (in a subsequent post), that the magnum revolver was employed in order to get my hands on a rifle. .... which in 90% of my environment (I don't get out much !) ;) ..... is almost instantaneously possible.
    Please ... let's look for the positives in life. You'll be a happier person, R45.

Top Bottom