• Do you carry a back up gun?

• Total voters

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Massad Ayoob discusses a case, in which he was an expert witness for the defense, where this exact thing happened... simply because the guy had 2 extra magazines... IN HIS CAR:

"The cops took the stand. Yes, said the arresting officer, he had been called to the scene of a crime of threatening to shoot someone without reason... found two complainants willing to testify... found the defendant who admitted having a gun just like the one the complainants had described... and determined immediately that he was guilty and placed him under arrest. Much emphasis was placed on the large caliber of the weapon. The prosecutor elicited from the officer that the hollow-point bullets, 230-grain Federal Hydra-Shok, were designed to expand and tear 'larger wounds.' And, oh my God, there were two spare magazines! Enough bullets to kill two dozen people!" The Gun Digest Book of Concealed Carry, pg 40 (emphasis in original)

If you don't think the prosecutor will use everything in his power to make you look like a gun-crazy lunatic just looking for a chance to kill someone, once he's decided to press charges, you're living in an imaginary world. If you think that a jury of anti-gun liberals will side with you (or it is worth the risk they won't), fine, but I don't see it as a worthwhile trade-off.

SO HAS IT BEEN SAID SO LET IT BE WRITTEN MASSAD AYOOB has spoken all move obey! MASSAD :bowdown: MASSAD :bowdown: MASSAD :bowdown: MASSAD :bowdown:

:stickpoke:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a Sig P238 that works well as a pocket gun. I think I carry it as a second gun about 40% of the time, but often carry it as my primary if I need to conceal a bit.

Top Bottom