Who Carries Two Pistols? Who sees it as unreasonable behaviour?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Yep. Because of the flaming he will receive for not using the "search" feature.

With a post like yours and a post like mine I think we are both still trying to achieve the QUALITY 50:laugh:

All of my posts are quality. High or low is not specified.

I don't flame for necroposting that is topical, especially since I do it all of the time. But make an extremely hard to believe claim that is only vaguely related and I'll be happy to make a dumb comment.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Okay, let me play sort of devil's advocate here and ask a question...

So the theory is that a second gun is faster than a reload...first off, I say that depends on where you are drawing from. An ankle draw will not beat my reload...but that's not the question....the question is this...

So you have your $3,000 Wilson customized 1911 and you run dry and now you have to draw your second pistol in the heat of battle....whatdo you do with the Wilson 1911?! Throw down? NO!!! What if you have to make a tactical move up the alley. Are you goig to leave the Wilson there? NO!!! Are you going to stick it in your waist band or in a pocket? Okay, maybe but then in doing so you are wasting valuable time that would be better spent retaining your original pistol and just reloading. For those who carry a BUG on the off-side, do you sufficiently practice drawing and firing with the off- hand?

Just something to think about

GONZO!!!

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Ill play devils advocate to your devils advocate ... LOL

If I'm fighting for my life, I don't give two craps how much my gun cost. If I need to toss it on the ground and pick up another one to stay alive, so be it, not gonna give that a second thought. Its a tool. If I choose to use expensive tools, and they get a little "charcter" in the process, well thats the way it goes.

Okay, let me play sort of devil's advocate here and ask a question...

So the theory is that a second gun is faster than a reload...first off, I say that depends on where you are drawing from. An ankle draw will not beat my reload...but that's not the question....the question is this...

So you have your $3,000 Wilson customized 1911 and you run dry and now you have to draw your second pistol in the heat of battle....whatdo you do with the Wilson 1911?! Throw down? NO!!! What if you have to make a tactical move up the alley. Are you goig to leave the Wilson there? NO!!! Are you going to stick it in your waist band or in a pocket? Okay, maybe but then in doing so you are wasting valuable time that would be better spent retaining your original pistol and just reloading. For those who carry a BUG on the off-side, do you sufficiently practice drawing and firing with the off- hand?

Just something to think about

GONZO!!!

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Currently only carry one, but it hold 13+1 of 45acp. If society did get to the point that I needed to carry 2 it would be my EDC and my AR-15 with a couple extra mags.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    still...would be an interesting test...

undestanding there are exceptions to every rule, what if we did an experiment using average gun owners with some solid basic fundamentals of shooting. I will leave the BUGs to the descretion of those carrying it (revolver or semi auto...or in one cae, a single action) Taking some of the comments posted in this thread of how and where people carry spare mags or BUGs, let's set up a man-on-man shoot off.

all shooters are standing side-by-side about two yards between each shooter facing down range. Each shooter has one USPSA style target 10 yards downrange.

SHOOTER A: the 1911 guy. Spare magazine on the off-side hip.

SHOOTER B: wearing a second handgun on his off side

SHOOTER C: has back up gun in an ankle holster under his pant leg

SHOOTER D: has back up gun in his off-side coat pocket.

Scenario...in a classic Rodriguez or Tarantino film style of shoot out, each shooter and their respective opponent directly across from them run out of ammo at the same time. Classic scene..camera pans to a close up of good guy's gun - "CLICK" ...camera closes in on bad guy's gun - "CLICK" they statre at each other and GO! Each one goes for another gun or a reload...you know the type of scene I am describing...

Okay...so course description for this theoretical scenario is that you are facing your opponent downrange and both of you run out of ammo...at the start signal (BEEP) each shooter listed above goes for his/her spare mag or BUG and engages his target with two rounds.

Repeat entire scenario 3 times.

Would be interesting to see the outcome. Wouldn't truly prove anything because you could have a guy like Jerry Mikulek reloading his revolver and he would most likely beat anyoen drawing a second pistol...but Jerry, like Leatham, are exceptions to the rule... let's jsut leave it at the average "Joe the OC/CC guy"

Opinions...?

GONZO!!!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So you have your $3,000 Wilson customized 1911 and you run dry and now you have to draw your second pistol in the heat of battle....whatdo you do with the Wilson 1911?! Throw down? NO!!! What if you have to make a tactical move up the alley. Are you goig to leave the Wilson there? NO!!!

I would do it without hesitation. I don't own a Wilson, but I've dropped several different guns that I can't afford to replace in training situations when the best option for me was to go to my next gun.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom