• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Okay then what shielding the rest of them?
    Who else took three months off during a crisis to pretend to raise babies that the manny is probably feeding changing and putting down?
    I don't know of anyone. Do you?
    Huh? You brought up the "rest of them". I thought you knew of a bunch of others who took 3 months off during a crisis to "recover" from adopting kids. If not why did you ask the first question.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm talking about the rest of the cabinet. If Pete's sexual orientation shields him from scrutiny for incompetence, what is shielding the rest of them?
    Oh I’m sure they’re considered victims of one sort or another. Or “marginalized” or “oppressed” or “exploited” or they’ve had their culture “misappropriated” or some unvaccinated choad sneezed in their direction or misgendered them. Something, anything to feel special.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yes, it is actually 720hrs of sick time. It resets Jan 1 every year. For every quarter I don't use a sick day, I am given a "Perfect Attendance" day, so 4 a year. We don't get holidays off so instead we get 11 bonus days we can use as time off a year. Vacation starts off low and you get more at 5yrs, 10, 15, and max out at 20. I just got my 20yr vacation of 240hrs.
    Okay, thanks much. I kinda figured that's what the bonus days were since that's about the number of federal holidays.
    Before anyone loses their mind, any officer who comes anywhere near using even half of that sick leave without having some major life threatening illness or surgery would be looking at potential discipline for malingering.
    Not losing my mind, was just a bit surprised. Sounds like it's mainly intended for FMLA types of leave, especially since FMLA is 3 months. It's a nice perk, I may be a bit jealous but not mad.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Okay, thanks much. I kinda figured that's what the bonus days were since that's about the number of federal holidays.

Not losing my mind, was just a bit surprised. Sounds like it's mainly intended for FMLA types of leave, especially since FMLA is 3 months. It's a nice perk, I may be a bit jealous but not mad.
    I imagine it has something to do with them having a decent chance of being injured on the job requiring some major time off.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm talking about the rest of the cabinet. If Pete's sexual orientation shields him from scrutiny for incompetence, what is shielding the rest of them?
    Out of 24, including Harris, 11 are women birthing people; of the men potential women who have a penis, 2 are gay and 4 are ethnic, one (Mayorkas) is a Bezos clone and the other 6 are white males racist terrorist threats

So, yah, 75% are shielded by intersectionality

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Pete has worked for McKinsey and Podesta, big dc consultant firms making money that too large to count. Very powerful institutions, I'm sure his friends and connections there help him along and I would not be surprised if he helps them as well. Just another day in dc.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Pete has worked for McKinsey and Podesta, big dc consultant firms making money that too large to count. Very powerful institutions, I'm sure his friends and connections there help him along and I would not be surprised if he helps them as well. Just another day in dc.
    Yet they are barely scraping by...

Buttigieg, Husband Say They Can Barely Afford 1-Bedroom DC Apartment Despite $221,000 Salary​

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Last edited:

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    From reading through all of this, it seems like different people are upset about this for different reasons. I guess if he followed the same rules anyone else would have to, then I don’t see an issue. But you’re right, three months is a lot of time. Maybe I’m jealous I don’t get to be gone that long, with pay.
    I think its the fact that the dude was given a very important job, a job that pays extremely well, and he ain't doing it. It was pointed out up thread that the nanny is probably there doing the hard work. These two fools are playing house and taking selfies for all the likes.

Flash-hider

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    So, house husband is currently unemployed, house wife has a $221K government job, they decide to adopt twins, house wife takes 3 months of maternity leave, what is house husband doing during this time? House husband does a worthless fluff piece in a worthless publication complaining about their worthless living conditions, to this small town midwestern couple Washington D.C. is a big scary place. To the house husband; get a job. To the house wife; do the job your were appointed to do. To both; juggling a career and family isn't easy but can be done. Millions of people have proven it can be done and without the resources you have available to you.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yet they are barely scraping by...

Buttigieg, Husband Say They Can Barely Afford 1-Bedroom DC Apartment Despite $221,000 Salary​

He didn't have to take the job, or they could have gotten a place outside of DC like most everyone else does.

Top Bottom