• KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What are we complaining about here?

Paternity leave in general?

Paternity leave for a gay man that adopted?

Paternity leave for a government employee?

Paternity leave for a Democrat?

The length of the leave?

There are so many things about this administration that are really messed up. Extended paternity leave isn't on the radar for me. Paternity leave is a good thing. I had to us my vacation time when my child was born. Bringing a new child into any home will take a lot of adjustment.

If this had been one of Trump's Secretaries would there have been any complaints?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If this had been one of Trump's Secretaries would there have been any complaints?
    I could care less if the moron in question takes paternity leave. I tend to think that someone who has been appointed to oversee part of how this country is run would be at work when this country is facing a crisis involving their area of "expertise". There would be no excuses for a Trump appointee in this situation but this dipshit happens to be gay so he's untouchable by today's standards.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I could care less if the moron in question takes paternity leave. I tend to think that someone who has been appointed to oversee part of how this country is run would be at work when this country is facing a crisis involving their area of "expertise". There would be no excuses for a Trump appointee in this situation but this dipshit happens to be gay so he's untouchable by today's standards.
    Well said, and makes sense.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What are we complaining about here?

Paternity leave in general?

Paternity leave for a gay man that adopted?

Paternity leave for a government employee?

Paternity leave for a Democrat?

The length of the leave?

There are so many things about this administration that are really messed up. Extended paternity leave isn't on the radar for me. Paternity leave is a good thing. I had to us my vacation time when my child was born. Bringing a new child into any home will take a lot of adjustment.

I think the complaint is that 'he' runs a department of the US government and has pretty much done nothing of note in the position in more than 6 months while many problems in his area of concern worsen and he speaks about things like 'equity' in programs he oversees while ignoring growing supply chain disasters

Then, in an era when technology should allow most any executive to perform some useful work from home, he takes months off during a growing crisis. The whole thing smacks of LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ+ theatre as well as a Harrisonian move to hide from the problems of his position

It's like the newly appointed COO of a
    foundering company immediately takes maternity leave for a pregnancy that was never disclosed during the interview process

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    How would you feel about that if your department had obvious, serious problems and the newly appointed chief did the same thing while those problems festered

Leadership should bring greater responsibility
    and...

I think the complaint is that 'he' runs a department of the US government and has pretty much done nothing of note in the position in more than 6 months while many problems in his area of concern worsen and he speaks about things like 'equity' in programs he oversees while ignoring growing supply chain disasters

Then, in an era when technology should allow most any executive to perform some useful work from home, he takes months off during a growing crisis. The whole thing smacks of LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ+ theatre as well as a Harrisonian move to hide from the problems of his position

It's like the newly appointed COO of a foundering company immediately takes maternity leave for a pregnancy that was never disclosed during the interview process

These two posts are making the point. How often do we hear that public servants or those with responsibility for the public (Paid by the public. I don't say taxpayers because less and less pay taxes... but that is a different rant.) need to be "HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD" Technology and Covid have shown MANY folks in the last year and a half that they can DO their jobs from home (maybe even getting to squeeze in bonding time) Even more so, when you take a position with a HIGH RESPONSIBILITY to serve the public, maybe you end up giving up some of your personal time to accomplish the job at hand. Although we see time and time again, this administration has no intention, nor any ability, to do whats best for those that they work for.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    For what it's worth, if you take up a leadership position, some things are expected.

I certainly don't know what his schedule has been, but on the surface it looks like he just isn't concerned about empty shelves. Mike Bilandic was cashiered as Chicago Mayor because of his poor response to a blizzard in 79. People tend to remember simple things, so if he's got his sights set any higher they won't forget this.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Two months seems a bit much for maternity leave. Then again calling it maternity when it's two dudes who adopted seems a bit much. Also, the picture is both dudes and their new purchases in what appears to be a hospital bed. Odd. And wasn't Mr(s). Butti' just quoted about complaints of not being able to afford more than a little one bedroom shanty in D.C.? Where to put the bunkbeds... I hope the kids grow up healthy and contribute to society. But it's time for Pete to get back to the office.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    and...

It's like the newly appointed COO of a foundering company immediately takes maternity leave for a pregnancy that was never disclosed during the interview process

These two posts are making the point. How often do we hear that public servants or those with responsibility for the public (Paid by the public. I don't say taxpayers because less and less pay taxes... but that is a different rant.) need to be "HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD" Technology and Covid have shown MANY folks in the last year and a half that they can DO their jobs from home (maybe even getting to squeeze in bonding time) Even more so, when you take a position with a HIGH RESPONSIBILITY to serve the public, maybe you end up giving up some of your personal time to accomplish the job at hand. Although we see time and time again, this administration has no intention, nor any ability, to do whats best for those that they work for.
    He wants the title and prestige without actually doing the job.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Two months seems a bit much for maternity leave. Then again calling it maternity when it's two dudes who adopted seems a bit much. Also, the picture is both dudes and their new purchases in what appears to be a hospital bed. Odd. And wasn't Mr(s). Butti' just quoted about complaints of not being able to afford more than a little one bedroom shanty in D.C.? Where to put the bunkbeds... I hope the kids grow up healthy and contribute to society. But it's time for Pete to get back to the office.
    Well they were up in bed for a photo op while covid patients were dying in the hallways. I heard that is happening everywhere. :nuts:

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    The whole thing looks and stinks like a virtue signaling publicity stunt. It checks all the right boxes for this Administration's pet agenda items. Given that fighting climate change and racial injustice is at the top of the priority list for the DOT under Mayor Pete's leadership, it's no wonder that the U.S. supply chain is so broken and ineffective.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    How would you feel about that if your department had obvious, serious problems and the newly appointed chief did the same thing while those problems festered

Leadership should bring greater responsibility
    Leadership DOES bring greater responsibility, indeed. Our country DOES indeed have issues that need addressed. There were serious issues before he took that job and there will be serous issues that need addressed after he leaves. But you only have one shot to start off on the right foot with your 2 new babies. At the end of the day, his job (all of our jobs) is temporary, do your best at that job, but taking time for your family should always take priority. Family is forever. When I took off with each of my kids, of course I was helping my wife, but I was also creating a bond with the kids that cannot be replicated. I have a brother-in-law who became a new father 2 years ago. His idea of father responsibility is working 7 days a week, by choice, even though they don't NEED the extra money. He is missing so much by putting work over family. Pete is not so indispensable (few of us are) that he can't take care of his family for a few months. This is a time wasting issue.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom