• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    I am going to buy one for the spouse, and only have 100.00 to spend. Its a Christmas present so I don't have much time left. What do you use and what about the bags. I'm limited to Wally, Kholes,Kmart and maybe BassPro shop.:twocents:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We use a Kenmore I got at Sears many years ago. Still works great and gets the job done. As I recall it was under $100. Walmart sells Foodsavers for under $100. Make sure you buy extra bags when you get it. You'll need them!

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    I have a Rival Seal-a-meal from Menard I think. It has worked great for 5 years now. I like the bags that you cut to size and seal both ends. I can cut to length what I need instead of using a full size bag with alot of air sucked out of it. BTW I pre-freeze fish fillets on a sheet pan and then seal them in the bag. Crappie fillets after a year in the freezer were tasty and zero freezer burn.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    We have a FoodSaver Professional that my Mom gave us for Christmas twenty years ago.
    I still use it almost weekly and it still pulls an almost complete vacuum and seals perfectly.

sassy lassy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Elizabeth
    I have two foodsavers. One in the house and one in the RV. Love 'em. I use them to vacuum seal meats, but mostly I use them to reseal potato chip bags and cereal. They pay for themselves keeping those things fresh for much longer than they would be just clipped closed.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom