• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Well I wanted to update with my new thoughts on Eotech. Had two fail this weekend. Mine that was a week old and my friends who was a month old. Not a good sign.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well I wanted to update with my new thoughts on Eotech. Had two fail this weekend. Mine that was a week old and my friends who was a month old. Not a good sign.
    What were the failures? It's been a long running (prior to the scandal) saga of EOTECHS being sub par pieces of junk, but I'm curious as to which of the many problems you two experienced?

HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    What were the failures? It's been a long running (prior to the scandal) saga of EOTECHS being sub par pieces of junk, but I'm curious as to which of the many problems you two experienced?

Mine was a mechanical failure with the windage adjuster. It would drift all over that the adjuster made no impact. My friends shut off and would not turn on. Both EXPS2 made in aug and sept of this year.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Mine was a mechanical failure with the windage adjuster. It would drift all over that the adjuster made no impact. My friends shut off and would not turn on. Both EXPS2 made in aug and sept of this year.
    Both are a couple of the "original" problems from many years back.

HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Vigilant;[URL="tel:6801395" said:
    6801395[/URL]]Both are a couple of the "original" problems from many years back.
    Ended up getting a T1 with Kinetic Development sidelok mount for 608$ shipped form optics planet and put 120 rounds on it tonight. Took it off about 10 times and it always went back to zero. It's a different sight picture than I am used to but I'll adjust.

IMG_6334.jpg

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Ended up getting a T1 with Kinetic Development sidelok mount for 608$ shipped form optics planet and put 120 rounds on it tonight. Took it off about 10 times and it always went back to zero. It's a different sight picture than I am used to but I'll adjust.

IMG_6334.jpg
    Aimpoint for the win! Just sayin'!

dthm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    I got a $100 one from Primary Arms. It is awesome. Had it almost 2 years, holds zero great, even when using a bump fire stock. I also have a $30 one from a gunshow, I would not recommend the offbrand $30. Primary arms has sales a lot, you can get the micro (the one I have) with the standoff for $99 pus free shipping. I highly recommend it.

HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    As a veteran I would place my trust in an ACOG 100%

i didn't like mine for quick acquisition. As long as I can hit
    hit a 10" plate at 150 yards with my red dot I'll stick with it. Past 150 self defense claims are questionable lol

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    i didn't like mine for quick acquisition. As long as I can hit
    hit a 10" plate at 150 yards with my red dot I'll stick with it. Past 150 self defense claims are questionable lol

That's my mindset as well. I went with the Vortex's and am not disappointed. I put the Spitfire AR on 2 of my SBR's, (1 5.56 and 1 .300 BLK, both suppressed) a Spitfire 2 on a 16" Carbine and a Strikefire 2 on another Carbine. Sighted them in at 75 yards and was ringing steel at 50 and 100 yards without a problem. I ran out of time as I was checking 4 separate rifles but I plan on going out to 150 and 200 yards.
    The .300 BLK SBR is suppressed and will be the bedside HD long gun. I put 178gr Amax sub-sonic rounds in it.
    Dan

thomasred5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 15, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I will beat the Aimpoint drum all day when it comes to red dot sights. I have a Comp M4, its been left ON (all day everyday) at the same setting for the last 3 years now and I've yet to change the battery (yes singular) battery... 1 AA lithium energizer battery... Did I mention that it only requires 1 battery.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I will beat the Aimpoint drum all day when it comes to red dot sights. I have a Comp M4, its been left ON (all day everyday) at the same setting for the last 3 years now and I've yet to change the battery (yes singular) battery... 1 AA lithium energizer battery... Did I mention that it only requires 1 battery.

Amazing thing is with the comp m4, if you're at 3 years your battery isn't even half dead

Top Bottom