• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which platform do you prefer: AR or AK?

• Total voters

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I know this has been brought up alot, but I haven't seen a simple poll. I am definitely an AR man myself, but a member named planemech is trying to decide which way to go. The debate is going in his thread, so there's no need for another one, only a vote is needed here. Thanks for voting! :ingo:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'm left-handed, so the AR's ergonomics haven't worked especially well for me. I like the way the AK handles, and because I'm not a rifleman by training, the AK's purported "limitations" compared to the AR don't particularly bother me. Besides, I bought two AKs for about what I'd have paid for one AR.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Have several examples of both platforms. If I had to pick one with which to defend myself and my family, or target shoot, or put game on the table, it would be an AR.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I've owned & shot both AR's & AK's for 20+ years, so I am very confident & comfortable with either platform, however IMHO the AR is a vastly superior weapon system.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    I own an AK and have put many many rounds down range in it with no issues what so ever. While I am currently contemplating an AR purchase I have seen more failures in the AR's than AK's. YMMV.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Interesting to see the vote split right down the middle at the time I voted. I have no "real-world, life-or-death" experience with either, but enjoy shooting the AK over the AR, I like the 7.62x39 ballistics (in spite of the greater range of the 5.56), the history, the simplicity, and the sheer numbers of rifles produced (and, no, not everyone who uses the AK is a terrorist or drug-lord). Besides, there's no AR emoticon! :smileak: :D

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I too have both platforms. I personally prefer the AK over he AR, that being said the AR is a excellent weapon.

Top Bottom