• Which one to keep?

• Total voters

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    So I just acquired these. One will go, one will stay.... but I can't decide which!

DSC01918.jpg

Top is a Benelli M1 Super 90 Tactical. 5+1 12ga. zombie blaster. If I keep it, it'll get a mag tube extension for 6+1

Lower is a Colt 6450 9mm upper on a Sabre Defense lower. If it stays, it's getting a Magpul CTR collapsible stock. I might just spring for an SBR stamp and get a 10" barrel so it'll end up looking like this guy

smg.jpg

Thinking the AR would be a bit more practical/versatile, but I could use a good shotty too.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Keep the shotgun it would be personal choice for HD. The pistol caliber carbines are fun and are a niche market, if you can keep both do it, if you have to dump one keep the shotty.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Keep the shotgun it would be personal choice for HD. The pistol caliber carbines are fun and are a niche market, if you can keep both do it, if you have to dump one keep the shotty.

That's why I'm torn. The Benelli would be a perfect HD gun, while the Colt would be a great toy for plinking, FNS, and could function as a HD gun, though not nearly as well as the Benelli.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009

I agree. The shotgun is more practical with numerous uses.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I would keep both!! I don't buy them to sell!! I would rather walk around broke for a week then sell one!! just my two cents, and congrats on them, they look great, It would be a hard choice.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    I'd keep the carbine I just end up shooting my AR a lot more more than my shotgun. I concur for hunting the shotgun be better butter as a practical gun you use , I'd keep the AR.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I would keep both!! I don't buy them to sell!! I would rather walk around broke for a week then sell one!! just my two cents, and congrats on them, they look great, It would be a hard choice.

Why do you have to sell one!? If there's one thing I've learned on INGO, it is that people almost always regret selling a gun.

I'd keep the carbine I just end up shooting my AR a lot more more than my shotgun. I concur for hunting the shotgun be better butter as a practical gun you use , I'd keep the AR.

I'd keep the Colt, if I had to get rid of one. For one, I think it's more fun to shoot. For two, for home defense, you really want to be using a handgun, not a long gun! If it gets to the point that you need a shotty for HD, whew, you're in deep poo-poo! A long gun is more unwieldy, harder to maneuver, and can be taken away by a BG much more easily. (But you don't have to take my word for it: read Massad Ayoob's "In the Gravest Extreme" and you'll find he shares my opinion.)

Keep the Colt and sell me the Benelli.

:rofl:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom