• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Just went by Walmart and Kroger and no luck. Kroger had nothing and WM had one huge packer for $53 that wouldn't fit into my BGE and another with the vacuum seal broken. I can't remember if Costco carries them but I won't go near that place on a weekend any more. You'd think they were selling rock star sex lives for $.50 or something.

Sooo, where should I look? I'd really prefer someplace on or near the NE side of Indy. I was hoping to smoke one tomorrow but that isn't looking likely at this point.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Just went by Walmart and Kroger and no luck. Kroger had nothing and WM had one huge packer for $53 that wouldn't fit into my BGE and another with the vacuum seal broken. I can't remember if Costco carries them but I won't go near that place on a weekend any more. You'd think they were selling rock star sex lives for $.50 or something.

Sooo, where should I look? I'd really prefer someplace on or near the NE side of Indy. I was hoping to smoke one tomorrow but that isn't looking likely at this point.

If you know a member, give SAMs club a ring. Theirs are usually choice and are my preferred brisket. Walmarts are usually select and are harder to get to come out how I want the.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Hmmm. Appreciate the Sam's recommendation but I don't think I can justify having both a Costco & a Sam's membership. Time to start asking friends if they have one I reckon.

IMPD31323

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    indy
    Hey I live over on the east side and have a sams card. Hit me up and I'll get you in. I live just inside Marion co off 30th. I've bought most of my ribs and brisket for my egg from SAMs.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    Two days in a row I get to use this picture! No vegetables taste better than those from your own garden.

attachment.php

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Good for you, flashpuppy. Not everyone wants to sell their house, find a house with land, buy cows, maintain cows, slaughter cows and then process cows for a brisket.

I'm sure philo appreciates the input though.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'd love to raise my own cattle, hogs and chickens but I work for the city of Indianapolis so I don't have the right to live in a rural area unfortunately.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'd love to raise my own cattle, hogs and chickens but I work for the city of Indianapolis so I don't have the right to live in a rural area unfortunately.

I can see how the hogs and cattle are out of the question, but could you get away with raising some yard bird?

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Value Market in Mooresville gets them on Friday, limited number and they are gone pretty quick, if you call you can come up with one usually. Although the last few times that I called them they were too small. Sam's has them but you have to ask if you want a packer, for certain reasons (and I found out why) they don't put them out with the flats, they are also are about half price of the trimmed flats. You should be able to get a nice 12-13 pound packer on that large egg. I've cooked 14's on my large just pulling it up a little in the middle.

red46239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    SE Indy
    Sorry, I have no input on the actual topic of this thead... but:

City BBQ , one in Plainfield and one in Greenwood , OMGBBQ!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOO freakin good !!!!!!!!
    They are also located on 10th near IUPUI and in Carmel (the company I work for built these). There will be another store in Fishers soon.

Top Bottom