• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    mom, do you have to subscribe to peacock or do you just go to the app/station on your TV?
    We have a fire stick and Amazon prime so peacock was a free app on the firestick. I'm not sure if it is because I have prime or if it is always free thru firestick.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We have a fire stick and Amazon prime so peacock was a free app on the firestick. I'm not sure if it is because I have prime or if it is always free thru firestick.
    I just went on Peacock to see if there are fees. We had only watched the very first episode and then haven't had a chance to watch any more. That episode is free....now it is $4.99 a month if we want to watch any of the others that are on there.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I opened up Peacock last night. I know I can watch Season 1, Episode 1 at least.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    From commercials last night, it appears that Peacock has seasons 1-3. Paramount has the most recent season 4, it looks like.
    These kinds of shenanigans are what really pi** me off. I refuse to reward any network that pulls this s**t with my $$.

Now that CBS has pulled Seal Team from OTA and gone exclusively to Paramount+ I am swearing off much entertainment now.

First it was Cable's ridiculous prices and bundling of massive amounts of BS channels and now it's gone to nickle & diming us all via dozens of streaming streaming "apps".

Screw them, guess I'll just have to live without these shows.

If you pay for the seasons are they at least ad-free?

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Just looked at my Hulu account. They have seasons 3 & 4 on demand. The looks like seasons 1&2 will be on "live" TV in the coming weeks. I guess I'll set the DVR to catch the first 2 seasons and give this show a shot.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It depends.......
    (On how much you pay)

Peacock has three tiers.
    Free = limited programming
    Pay = More programming with commercials.
    Pay more = Unlimited without commercials.
    If the no commercials is the $4.99/month, I'll pay it while I watch Yellowstone.

But I'm with indy, I'm not subscribing to all these different apps and end up spending as much as I was with cable.

I have grown to loathe commercials so I won't be going back to "live" TV, but I'm way too cheap to keep adding channels. My daughter lets me use her Disney+ and one other and let her use my Netflix. If they ever figure out a way to prevent that, I'll be down to Netflix and Amazon Prime.

I pay $72 for my internet and $14 for Netflix. That's enough.

Maybe I'll change my tune when I retire and want to start watching more TV, but until then...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If the no commercials is the $4.99/month, I'll pay it while I watch Yellowstone.

But I'm with indy, I'm not subscribing to all these different apps and end up spending as much as I was with cable.

I have grown to loathe commercials so I won't be going back to "live" TV, but I'm way too cheap to keep adding channels. My daughter lets me use her Disney+ and one other and let her use my Netflix. If they ever figure out a way to prevent that, I'll be down to Netflix and Amazon Prime.

I pay $72 for my internet and $14 for Netflix. That's enough.

Maybe I'll change my tune when I retire and want to start watching more TV, but until then...

As the people complained about cable costs, saying they didn’t like paying for channels they didn’t watch, economists said that likely would cost more in the long run.

This is my understanding of how these series get split. First off, see all those company names in the credits? They actually create and produce the show. Then they sell it to a network, then sell streaming rights, sell rerun rights etc. Now in the case of Yellowstone I’m sure the OTA networks are ticked they passed on it in hindsight, but they did. (The new season premiere had 8 million viewers, Big Bang numbers near their peak on OTA.)

The streaming rights we’re for a specific number of seasons. Most likely Peacock bought 3 seasons but didn’t want to pay the piper what the mega hit show is worth for additional seasons, they may have changed focus and want to promote their own networks shows.

It sucks for us which is why I was searching for a great place to see them all.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    If you have Tmobile, they are giving Paramount+ free for a year. I thought this would help me watch Yellowstone season 4 but it didn't.

I ended up downloading CinemaHD on fire stick to watch it.

1. Go to "downloader" app.
    2. Search "unlinked link" download and install (must have ADB and unknown sources enabled in settings)
    3. Add library 12341234
    4. Download CinemaHD add free.

I have zero relationship with any aforementioned companies, just sharing what I had to do to watch Yellowstone

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We watch it on Hulu but can't stream whole season. Only once they are released, and we have plenty of 2:30 commercial breaks

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We watch it on Hulu but can't stream whole season. Only once they are released, and we have plenty of 2:30 commercial breaks
    They do have some long commercial breaks. On the DVR we can fast forward through them, but some of the commercials have Yellowstone actors in them, which makes it really tough to do! :):

Top Bottom