• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I wasn't going to bother continuing on with the series. I felt like season 4 wrapped it up just fine.

But...since season 5 is on Peacock and I have it cheap for a bit, I decided to watch it. My wife is out of town for 4 nights so I'm watching 2 episodes a night. I will be finished when she gets back.

I am enjoying the season. Mostly what I have always liked about Yellowstone is the horse "stuff", the scenery and the ranch characters. And all that is intact in season 5.

I didn't realize it was a two part season.:(

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I wasn't going to bother continuing on with the series. I felt like season 4 wrapped it up just fine.

But...since season 5 is on Peacock and I have it cheap for a bit, I decided to watch it. My wife is out of town for 4 nights so I'm watching 2 episodes a night. I will be finished when she gets back.

I am enjoying the season. Mostly what I have always liked about Yellowstone is the horse "stuff", the scenery and the ranch characters. And all that is intact in season 5.

I didn't realize it was a two part season.:(
    The artistic magic of Yellowstone to me was how TS combined super popular elements all in one TV show. The soap opera drama I first saw on Dallas, plenty of action fights and guns, incredible movie grade digital scenery, historical and political aspects, all serialized into a never ending movie.

I recently started watching Suits. The fist two seasons had some minor elements that continued throughout the season but most shows were pretty much stand alone, the problem, the fight, the solution, the end. The third season seems to have embraced the serialization that followed the success of shows like the Sopranos…

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I'm sure I'll still watch Yellowstone, but have been preparing to be disappointed for some time. No way it can be the same show, broadcast on CBS.

Cosner's antics and knowing his character is short lived takes away from the nuance of the series. When actors are in the news more than their character, it's never good. Maybe Cosner will learn from this prima donna stuff?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm sure I'll still watch Yellowstone, but have been preparing to be disappointed for some time. No way it can be the same show, broadcast on CBS.

Cosner's antics and knowing his character is short lived takes away from the nuance of the series. When actors are in the news more than their character, it's never good. Maybe Cosner will learn from this prima donna stuff?
    Who knows, Costner is in a BIG financial hole. Put $37 million of his own cash in a $100 million dollar movie that flopped. Reviving his Dutton role may have to happen for cash. If he appears in the first couple of episodes it could be the biggest TV thing since who shot JR. this is purely my speculation.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Who knows, Costner is in a BIG financial hole. Put $37 million of his own cash in a $100 million dollar movie that flopped. Reviving his Dutton role may have to. happen for cash. If he appears in the first couple of episodes it could be the biggest TV thing since who shot JR. this is purely my speculation.

I fear Cosner is a case of all of us learning too much personal stuff about our "heroes"?

He had a huge failure years back, being full of himself with Waterworld.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I fear Cosner is a case of all of us learning too much personal stuff about our "heroes"?

He had a huge failure years back, being full of himself with Waterworld.
    The guy is a millionaire with about a $400 million dollar net worth. He can lose some on projects he wants to do, which is what Waterworld and Horizon were. He loves the epic…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I guess because I’ve never done any of that kind of work I don’t get the drama of whether or not to keep going or not. They’re paying you good money, probably very good money. Why not milk it until the well runs dry?
    It is gig work. A balance between what pays, time, and what you want to do. Then schedule conflicts between big names like Sheridan and Costner…

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Who knows, Costner is in a BIG financial hole. Put $37 million of his own cash in a $100 million dollar movie that flopped. Reviving his Dutton role may have to happen for cash. If he appears in the first couple of episodes it could be the biggest TV thing since who shot JR. this is purely my speculation.
    It's unfortunate that the risk doesn't appear to be paying off. I would prefer to see more westerns or at least good, non-woke, non-super hero films than the same old propaganda, sequels, remakes and general crap that is being released today.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It's unfortunate that the risk doesn't appear to be paying off. I would prefer to see more westerns or at least good, non-woke, non-super hero films than the same old propaganda, sequels, remakes and general crap that is being released today.
    In a few years AI will make movies personally for you…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Watching the first episode of season 2 of "Tulsa Kings". I see there's a new Taylor Sheridan series starting November 17th called "Landman" with Billy Bob Thornton and Demi Moore. Looks like it might be another good one.

Top Bottom