• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IT_Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2021
    Fortville
    Trying to get some possible leads on older S&W Revolvers in the Indy area.

Want pre-lock models like a 19/66, 586, 29 etc for some collecting.

I know I could go with GB but want to inspect before I buy. Not sure if any area shops might be a better source for used?

Any leads are appreciated.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

I know I could go with GB but want to inspect before I buy. Not sure if any area shops might be a better source for used?

Start checking in with Highsmiths in Greenfield, they turn over a lot of used guns and i've gotten some nice older S&W's there. The other day they had a nice M64 pencil barrel that you don't see that often.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I’ve given up pretty much on GB. Prices are ridiculous; shipping and handling charges are outrageous, and now collecting taxes. Finally I’m sure shills are bidding against legitimate bidders and fraudulently inflating prices.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    A little out of your area, but the Sand Burr Gun Ranch in Rochester is BY FAR the best in Indiana when it comes to S&W revolvers.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    There are 2 local guns shops around here, that seem to have revolvers go through them, Indiucky's Falls City Firearms, Clarksville, and The Gun Shop, Jeffersonville. Rick at FCF does a lot through gunbroker, so contact him here, and see what he has...

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    A little out of your area, but the Sand Burr Gun Ranch in Rochester is BY FAR the best in Indiana when it comes to S&W revolvers.
    I don’t think Sand Burr Gun Ranch is even in business anymore as the proprietor, Denny Reichard, passed away a couple (few?) years ago. RIP Denny!!!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Denny and his wife passed away. The shop has been closed for more than a year
    I know Denny passed a couple of years ago; but, now I just found Cindy’s obituary. She was always ready with a funny story and coffee every time my son and I went to Sand Burr. Denny and Cindy are missed! RIP

Last edited:

T755

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008

I have a large locally le marked collection I am moving. Many old revolvers in it. PM me for details

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I feel like these kind of guns pop up fairly regularly in the classifieds, but definitely not like they used to, and certainly not as cheap as they once were- but that's life. However, I see you do not have 50 posts yet, so you'd need to get more posts or pay to become a site supporter to be able to access the classifieds.

Once you do, my advice, if possible, would be to "troll" the classifieds as frequently as you are able and be ready to start a conversation ASAP. There was a seller with several bbl length model 29s who posted recently, and a few 19s have popped up this year. I seldom see a 586.

Good luck, these are great guns!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I feel like these kind of guns pop up fairly regularly in the classifieds, but definitely not like they used to, and certainly not as cheap as they once were- but that's life. However, I see you do not have 50 posts yet, so you'd need to get more posts or pay to become a site supporter to be able to access the classifieds.

Once you do, my advice, if possible, would be to "troll" the classifieds as frequently as you are able and be ready to start a conversation ASAP. There was a seller with several bbl length model 29s who posted recently, and a few 19s have popped up this year. I seldom see a 586.

Good luck, these are great guns!
    Yeah, 586's are tough to find despite how many they made over the years, it's easier to find 686's but anymore you pretty much have to be resigned to paying 800-1000.00 if you really want one.

Top Bottom