Where to buy physical gold in NW Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    There are several gold houses in downtown Chicago that my cousin has used. Don't recall the names but can get you the info later if you want.

crazzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Nblsvle
    gold/silver

the absurd problem is this: IN charges 7% sales tax for coin/bullion purchases. INSANE ! ! cross the border and buy in IL. spot plus ~ 5% and NO F'n SALES TAX!!!
    peace, crazzy

XFCTR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Columbus
    I hate to admit it. But, I do a lot of collecting from Ebay. You have to get a feel for the sellers and how their transactions go but once you do you can find some deals from the comfort of your home. I'm on the down side for buying at the moment. Waiting for spot to come back down a lil bit. However, I'm not real sure if it is. I fig it might when people start spending money on Christmas. I hope I hope I hope.

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    gold/silver

the absurd problem is this: IN charges 7% sales tax for coin/bullion purchases. INSANE ! ! cross the border and buy in IL. spot plus ~ 5% and NO F'n SALES TAX!!!
    peace, crazzy

I will agree that it hurts having to pay a premium and THEN sales tax on top of that. Having said that...every coin shop I have been to around Indy will only deal in cash transactions. Makes me wonder if as soon as I walk out of their shop, are they re-writing a new receipt to show the state? I would.

Ive bought locally and online with APMEX...their credit card fee ended up being just about what I would have paid in premium and tax, so it was about a wash...except that a record of my transaction exists somewhere. I guess I prefer a cash deal.

Craigslist is my preferred place of purchase...can avoid huge premiums and tax as well.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom