• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    I'm finally coming out of my caveman ways, and am slowly coming around the the modern, tacticool AK's. I want to build a tacticooled AK74, but I can find a decently priced AK74 anywhere. Did I miss something? I seems like not that long ago they were everywhere, now i can't find one for sub-$700. Where have they gone?

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Probably the best quality / well priced option was to get a Saiga (and do a DIY conversion), but our fearless leader banned the importation of them via executive order. More and more American companies are getting into the AK realm, but they're mostly sticking to making 7.62 ones. I love the 5.45 guns though, and strongly recommend getting one, even if it means ponying up the cash for an Arsenal SLR104. It's an awesome round, very deadly, and incredibly accurate, all while having less felt recoil than 7.62X39. If you do end up buying a budget one though, really take a close look for corrosion issues. Lot's of crappy Century stuff out there with out chrome lining that was poorly taken care of, and now has a sewer pipe for a barrel.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Hope I'm not violating any forum rules/decorum, but I've got a used Waffen Werks 74 listed in the classifieds below your price target. Not getting out of 5.45x39, but I picked up a SLR-104UR and converted it to an SBR, so that gets most of the range time when I shoot this caliber. I also have a SLR-107FR (7.62x39) that I really like.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Look like a match!
    Love%20Connection%201998%20Pic%207.jpg

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Not to highjack the thread, but I have never seen a Chuck Woolery thread….. maybe we should start one. He is a 2A supporter after all.

jhelm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 4, 2015
    Washington
    Like one of the other guys mentioned, waffen works is probably your best bet on getting a ak74 for under $700. I purchased one of gun broker last year. New with used wood furniture, shipped to me for under $600. I re finished the wood and it shoots and looks incredible.

indyguy333

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2015
    Huntington
    Classic Firearms (do a google search for it) is going to be offering DDI-built AK-74s in two weeks I think. They come with a 1-year warranty and from what I understand are solid, built with a Polish parts kit. I'd keep an eye out for them, should be around $500-$600 I'd guess.

Cet2survivor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2015
    North Carolina
    I can tell you in North Carolina there are no 74's anywhere. Down here, it seems after the banning of the 5.45 surplus ammo, all the 74's dried up. The only ones I have been able to find are the very expensive , very nice SLR's.

Top Bottom