Where do you keep your home defense shotgun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armyvet209

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    LAKE COUNTY
    For you guys that are using a shotgun for home defense, where do you keep it?

Maybe some of you keep it in the safe but I want something with a quicker access.
    I was thinking to just keep it under the bed.
    Im not sure if it will just collect dust if I do that or if I should keep it in an unzipped case (see picture).

571432.jpg

Do you have some type of special mount under your bed or on the wall, maybe inside a closet?

:dunno:

I guess it depends on each person/situation but I would like to hear what is your setup and why you think its the best thing for you.

:ingo:
    nice case. what kind is it?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    mossberg 500 is leaning on the wall besides my bed (with 000 buck), along with an upsidown kabar on the bed post, and my S&W 686 within arms reach! oh yeah!:draw:
    TW
    DSCF3045.JPG

Must be getting rough up by you.....:D

I live close to "The Hood" myself and have a few strategically located but this is straight Zombie. Sleep well my brother.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    There is a bookcase right on the wall that I am facing if I step out of bed; my Mossberg sits on top of it, full tube, plus 5 shot saddle, ready to go.

What sort of rear grip is that on that wall-mounted shotgun? I'm curious, and I've not seen it before.

Ryan281

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Mine is over the fireplace on the mantle. The magazine is loaded, chamber empty, safety on. When I'm home I unlock it from an "O" bolt that I threaded into the mantle. I run a cable lock through the trigger guard and the "O" bolt when I leave.
    Ryan

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    The Moss 500 with a light and laser under the headboard. But I am on my way to put tape on the business end right now.
    Great idea thanks mooney.
    You might try a finger cot instead. It's like a tiny, unlubed condom for a single finger. I'm not sure what their intended use is, but they do great to cover a gun's muzzle. I use them to keep damp out of the muzzle loader in the winter. Walmart usually has them in the pharmacy section and one box will last you for years.

My 870 is horizontal on a rack above the inside door to my walk-in closet, covered losely with a cloth. Chamber empty, magazine full of #1 shot, side saddle full of slugs.

Top Bottom