• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    What I was thinking when I posted before was this. If you're somewhere and someone has bad intentions, that being a robbery, shooting, etc.. If they were to see someone open carry, it would stand to reason they'd take out the most immediate threat first. That's not to say oc or cc either one is better than the other. Just in my opinion, I want every advantage I can get. I think cc could make a difference in your favor in such an event. Maybe not, either you choose may not help depending on the circumstances. Like I said just my opinion. Wasn't trying to upset anyone.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/71996-open-carry-argument.html

We discuss that here ^^^^^^.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    What I was thinking when I posted before was this. If you're somewhere and someone has bad intentions, that being a robbery, shooting, etc.. If they were to see someone open carry, it would stand to reason they'd take out the most immediate threat first. That's not to say oc or cc either one is better than the other. Just in my opinion, I want every advantage I can get. I think cc could make a difference in your favor in such an event. Maybe not, either you choose may not help depending on the circumstances. Like I said just my opinion. Wasn't trying to upset anyone.

An unfounded assertion that simply refuses to die.

The common criminal is more afraid of armed citizens defending themselves than they are of the police. The common criminal, upon seeing an armed citizen, is far more likely to decide to find a new location/target for his intended crime.

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    Open carry seems to be a lot more common now than in the past. I haven't heard of anyone causing a fuss for a little while now. I remember back when I first OC'd 18 years ago, I heard people talking behind me and they thought I was a cop. I've never been harrassed and I prefer to OC vs CC (except on very rare occasions.) I like having my primary sidearm accessible at all times and I find it more comfortable than IWB, you'll never see my BUG though.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Saw a guy OC a S&W Shield at the McDonalds in Kokomo today. Still trying to figure out why anyone would open carry a Shield but whatever.

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    I was talking to a guy today, while I was delivering oxygen to his father, who was open carrying an XDS 45. He seemed proud of it when I said "Hey, an XDS". It's similar to a shield and I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of it either.

Last edited:

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Saw OC at Casey's here in Westville. Guy was pumping gas an it looked like a Beretta 92 or a clone, tucked into his front waistband- OG style...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A gentleman saw my OC in Starbucks over the weekend, asked what I carried. He told me what he had, indicating under his jacket.

While waiting for drinks, we talked a bit about guns and carry. Says he started because his daughter was robbed at gunpoint, apparently by the same guy that robbed some place on Tibbs recently? Was on the news.

Always nice to run into more people carrying.

Kurile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2015
    Spdwy
    No holster? I'll keep an eye on the news for the upcoming story about the guy who accidentally shot his pecker off.

I actually had a slight nightmare where i had my Walther loaded like that, pointed down. But somehow, even in my dream, i knew that was a bad idea after a moment.
    I never see anyone besides the police officers here in speedway carrying OC (not counting myself of course). Saw one in Walmart a few months ago, but it was more like a conceal iwb fail.

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    Yesterday at Ray Skillman Ford in Greenwood, in the Service Dept. He was in and out very quickly, couldn't tell what he had, he was a lefty and it was in a proper holster. I was also OC at the time

The Professor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Evansville
    Just saw one last night in a Mongolian Grill-type restaurant on the North(ish) side of Evansville.

From a glance, it looked like a Sig 9mm/40 in a tan Galco Combatmaster on a black belt with slacks and a polo. The man was with a woman, presumably his wife. Despite (though not surprisingly) his OC, he did not think tactically while in the restaurant, either choosing or allowing himself to be seated in an open-sided chair at a table in the middle of the restaurant. He allowed himself to lose situational awareness of those around him/behind him by carrying on a rather involved discussion with his companion.

But, that's just my opinion.

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    ...he did not think tactically while in the restaurant, either choosing or allowing himself to be seated in an open-sided chair at a table in the middle of the restaurant. He allowed himself to lose situational awareness of those around him/behind him by carrying on a rather involved discussion with his companion.

But, that's just my opinion.

My opinion as well. Back against a wall, where I can see the front door at all times. I'll wait for an appropriate table if necessary.

Top Bottom