• Status
    Not open for further replies.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have been carrying more and getting much more natural.

This week I have carried Truck or treat at church, Pizza restaurant, Hobby lobby, Menards, Wendy's, and just driving around town. Still throw my shirt over it but don't care if it gets pulled up and people see any more.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I am going to Albertos mexican grill on Calhoun st. in Fort Wayne.CC yesterday after OC for the last month & could'nt hardly stand the discomfort .

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just left Kroger in Greenwood (Co Line, Emerson)

While in the self-checkout line, the kid at the front was talking to the front end supervisor (much older lady) and looking at me. When I finished and walked by, the kid was finishing a sentence with "...weapon?", the lady responded sharply "It doesn't matter. If he's not law enforcement, he has to give it up."

I turned and very audibly laughed on my way out.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Walgreens on St. Joe, Greenway Trail to Garvin park then Main St. back to the river front. At the light at Main and Franklin the passenger in a little wuss pickup stared hard at my G22 and turned to his buddies and said something. Wesselmans on Fulton.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Just left Kroger in Greenwood (Co Line, Emerson)

While in the self-checkout line, the kid at the front was talking to the front end supervisor (much older lady) and looking at me. When I finished and walked by, the kid was finishing a sentence with "...weapon?", the lady responded sharply "It doesn't matter. If he's not law enforcement, he has to give it up."

I turned and very audibly laughed on my way out.

Aww, you should have continued the conversation with them. Now I'll never know what you have to give up.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Aww, you should have continued the conversation with them. Now I'll never know what you have to give up.

I tried to fill in the blank while walking to my car...

"...His freedom."
    "...Those Pizza Rolls."
    "...That sweet lookin' Colt 1911."
    "...His jug of Arnold Palmer Lemonade/Tea."

I guess we'll never know :P

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I tried to fill in the blank while walking to my car...

"...His freedom."
    "...Those Pizza Rolls."
    "...That sweet lookin' Colt 1911."
    "...His jug of Arnold Palmer Lemonade/Tea."
    I guess we'll never know :P

Your man card.
    Your virginity.
    Your chance at ever becoming President of the Hair Club for Men?

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Nowhere. I'm not out to impress anyone with what a macho-man I am, and I can think of better ways of getting "a tingle in my loins". :rolleyes:

Did you seriously just quote a post that is over 2 years old just to add your lousy two cents into a thread that has nothing to do with you? If you don't want to OC, then don't. But dont come here rolling your eyes and crapping in this thread just because someone carries differently than you. Seriously, we need neg rep back. What a douche.

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Nowhere. I'm not out to impress anyone with what a macho-man I am, and I can think of better ways of getting "a tingle in my loins". :rolleyes:

TROLL......If you prefer carrying concealed then I have no problem with that but if I feel like carrying openly then I expect you to allow me the same courtesy. Who cares how you carry as long as you carry. Its not about feeling macho to me, its about lawfully carrying. I mix it up between CC and OC. But never try to invoke my beliefs on others. Not the way God made me. Have a great day everyone and stay safe.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Did you seriously just quote a post that is over 2 years old just to add your lousy two cents into a thread that has nothing to do with you? If you don't want to OC, then don't. But dont come here rolling your eyes and crapping in this thread just because someone carries differently than you. Seriously, we need neg rep back. What a douche.

TROLL......If you prefer carrying concealed then I have no problem with that but if I feel like carrying openly then I expect you to allow me the same courtesy. Who cares how you carry as long as you carry. Its not about feeling macho to me, its about lawfully carrying. I mix it up between CC and OC. But never try to invoke my beliefs on others. Not the way God made me. Have a great day everyone and stay safe.

Agreed. If we ever needed the Neg Rep system back, tis now..

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN

Another anti-OC'er trying to take the high road and ending up in a ditch. The guys that OC are doing more to protect our rights than anyone else. They educate LEOs that don't know the law and also citizens who don't know the law as well. They believe in preventing crime before it happens rather than reacting to a crime that is already in progress. Everyone thinks differently, but we all know the importance of being ready to defend ourselves and our families.

We're all on the same team (the good guys).....let's try to remember that before spouting off at the mouth. :twocents:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    ... has nothing to do with you? What a douche.

I suppose any form of carrying has as much to do with me as anyone else, and my opinion remains unchanged. There are a lot of things which are legal to do, but that doesn't mean that doing them is a good idea. I see no reason to open-carry when I can concealed-carry and avoid making other people uncomfortable. If, in your esteemed estimation, that makes me a "douche", then so be it. I prefer to think of it as more along the lines of being "adult".

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I suppose any form of carrying has as much to do with me as anyone else, and my opinion remains unchanged. There are a lot of things which are legal to do, but that doesn't mean that doing them is a good idea. I see no reason to open-carry when I can concealed-carry and avoid making other people uncomfortable. If, in your esteemed estimation, that makes me a "douche", then so be it. I prefer to think of it as more along the lines of being "adult".

When I come to a thread that is specifically geared toward a discussion that either does not pertain to me, or that I disagree with, I choose to not enter into that conversation because I am not here for the sole purpose of causing trouble. THAT is my idea of being an "adult".

This thread is specifically for the discussion of places that you OCed today. Since you have stated that you do not OC, then this thread does not pertain to you. By posting your opinion on OC in an attempt to thread-jack, you have proven yourself to be a douche. I stand by my previous statement.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom