• chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Well.. I kinda implied it with the private property statement
    I'm sure there are cops at private property who are there to provide security or for other purposes, but who are not acting as agents of the property owner.

Personally, I'm more inclined to avoid malls than to deal with it. But if I found myself absolutely needing to deal with going to a mall, especially to that mall, I think my response to Officer Friendly might have been along the lines of: "Well, what do you suppose Elijah Dickens would do?"

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm sure there are cops at private property who are there to provide security or for other purposes, but who are not acting as agents of the property owner.

Personally, I'm more inclined to avoid malls than to deal with it. But if I found myself absolutely needing to deal with going to a mall, especially to that mall, I think my response to Officer Friendly might have been along the lines of: "Well, what do you suppose Elijah Dickens would do?"

I forgot, this was about a mall.
    Since they have "no guns" posted all over, I probably would have left.

Being asked randomly to leave, then no.
    But if a rep of the property ask me to leave, or I'm carrying in a "no gun" space and asked by an officer... that's different.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I forgot, this was about a mall.
    Since they have "no guns" posted all over, I probably would have left.

Being asked randomly to leave, then no.
    But if a rep of the property ask me to leave, or I'm carrying in a "no gun" space and asked by an officer... that's different.
    Signs mean nothing in Indiana and I treat them as such. But, agreed: if asked by the property owner to leave, I would.

keeph8n

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Think I carry just about everywhere I go. Was at Riley and left my weapon in the car and the security inquired about my belt(Blue Alpha w/ leg strap). Asked if I was off duty LEO.

The SAFARILAND QLS setup makes swapping or pulling off the system very easy.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Was out on the BBQ grill, carried my 1911 A1, in a WW2 brown Mod 1917 holster, web pistol belt, 2 mag canvas mag carrier, all topped off by a USMC Pith helmet and aviator sunglasses. Neighbor brought me a beer and asked if possible, can I grill an extra burger as he LP tank was empty? No problem, I have couple extras already on, and would he like cheese on that on a sesame bun? Lol. He is a great neightbor. Brought me a long neck Miller Lite!
    Never brought up the 1911! He knows that voices talk to me all the time! LOL

Top Bottom