• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Went to moms for thanksgiving dinner. :drool:. My gun-ignorant/unfriendly aunt normally has it but her adult daughter living with her was sick with both ends expelling stuff uncontrollably. Needless to say we moved it to Moms at the last minute.

I always carry, typically CC. Last time I was over, I got on the subject of guns with mom and others, and my aunt piped up with disgust "[her son] carries one around tucked into the back of his belt. He's going to shoot his butt off one day!" Mom gave me a knowing look and I smiled and said "as long as he is using a proper holster, I'm sure he will be OK."

3x today she was an inch away from it during hugs, back touches and whatnot and had no idea I was carrying. It was fun playing the "allow close contact and cover the gun" game. (drop the strong arm under theirs during hugs, etc) I won. :rockwoot:

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Through a Walmart, just like the guy in front of me who accidentally flashed his when he was removing his coat to put in the cart with his wife and kids. I saw it and felt a little more secure that at least 2 people in the store were armed. I was traveling and needed to stop in for a few items for our winter camping trip. Oh, also to thanksgiving, but the real question there would have been "who isn't concealed carrying?". My whole family carries. God help the poor thug who tries something around my family, we probably need to practice cross fire tactics.:):

Nate@TeamAB

Plinker
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Lafayette
    Went to Chili's for dinner with the family. S&W Airweight, and nobody had a clue.

The guy that walked by our table OC on the other hand, even my wife caught it and pointed it out. I'm not against OC, but seeing everyone's reaction in the restaurant to it makes me wonder why people do it.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Went to Chili's for dinner with the family. S&W Airweight, and nobody had a clue.

The guy that walked by our table OC on the other hand, even my wife caught it and pointed it out. I'm not against OC, but seeing everyone's reaction in the restaurant to it makes me wonder why people do it.

Were they running and screaming? :confused:

Nate@TeamAB

Plinker
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Lafayette
    Were they running and screaming? :confused:

As he walked through the restaurant there was a wave of poking, pointing, and whispering behind him. I started to type some more, but no use in hijacking this thread. I'm not against OC, I just don't get it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Maybe we don't care about reactions.
    Would you tell a minority not to go into a restaurant because he might cause a reaction.

Besides, people sometime see when you CC. Does that mean you should stop?

Carry as you wish.
    Remember that people eyes are probably on you anyway.

Top Bottom