When was the last time you used a pay phone?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I was there with the military. My cell phone worked there but I didn't bring the charger with me so I didn't use it. Made a call back to Atterbury and they informed my family that I wouldn't be home on the day we had expected. Once I landed in ATL I had just enough battery to let the family know when to pick me up in Indy, died before I could even get a response.

I was there, 1980'ish, but I didn't use a payphone.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Last use of a pay phone was in 1998 (November or December). Used it to call my wife to let her know a snow storm was going to make me late getting home from work.

In a previous career I actually collected pay phone coin boxes fot AT&T. I drove a Suburban that carried 200 coin boxes that usually had $75 - $90 each in them. Looking back, man was I ever a target!

abphotos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    The Region
    Mid 90s with fellow high school friends to see which phones we were still able to use a red box on (google "phreaking boxes"). Not too many left back then. Although, I did see some old ones when driving across country to CA earlier this year. Hell, I hardly use land lines anymore! :D

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    I actually used one a few months ago. The first morning after I activated my new Android phone I couldn't get a signal and needed to make a call so I walked next door to the grocery store and used the payphone. Then, while waiting for my ride I got smart and turned my phone off then on again. Surprise... it started working.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    So long ago that I was using my MCI (pre Worldcom merger) calling card to place the call.

I only notice payphones in airports now. I used to know where every decent drive up pay phone in Northern Indiana and Western Michigan was in the early 90's. I checked my voicemail twice/day and again at night when I got home. I used to think the company vm was the best thing since sliced bread, because there were no lost messages.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Probably in December 1996 when my dad was at Ball Memorial Hospital. I called my sister in Delaware to tell her to come home then or he would be gone before she got there. She made it in time.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    This guy really needed to make a call.

Hello AAA my car has stalled out, can you please come tow me and bring a boat? :)

dialing.jpg

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Last year. My cell phone broke and I was trying to get ahold of my girlfriend to let her know. I felt like a drug dealer standing at a gas station pay phone dropping quarters.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dekumadoriya24
    Top Bottom