• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    The wife uses a hot pepper mix that she makes in her Ninja blender and sprays whatever plants the rabbits are munching on and it does work. I use whatever method I have at hand whether it be a .177 or a .357 or a .45....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    They’re a pest when they sit on the sidewalk in front of the front door, teasing the dog which causes her to bark incessantly through the sidelight and running away as soon as the door is opened. Then returning an hour or two later to repeat the process. That’s a pest!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The wife uses a hot pepper mix that she makes in her Ninja blender and sprays whatever plants the rabbits are munching on and it does work. I use whatever method I have at hand whether it be a .177 or a .357 or a .45....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Do you have a recipe for the mix??

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    When they tie your shotgun in a knot or stick their finger in the barrel, which per this documentary I saw will cause the shotgun to backfire into the hunter's face. Or, even worse, they often grab your face, jump up in the air, and give you a big kiss on the lips without your consent. Which is very rascally of them.
    You just know Elmer is gonna "me too" the **** outta Bugs over this.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They’re a pest when they sit on the sidewalk in front of the front door, teasing the dog which causes her to bark incessantly through the sidelight and running away as soon as the door is opened. Then returning an hour or two later to repeat the process. That’s a pest!
    No that’s a sitting target.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    No kill traps and a trip to the country?
    I've seen rabbits wander into live traps set for coons and possums and the rabbits didn't survive very often. They're pretty delicate critters. Maybe traps designed specifically for rabbits do a better job of keeping them alive.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Almost all municipalities will have laws on the books outlawing even the usage of air/spring-powered "guns" within city/town limits.

What has done a lot of good for us, and no joke, is cutting up Irish Spring soap and putting the bits around the flower garden.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You must have a permit to Trap or shoot rabbits.. Even if you plan on relocating them..
    put up a perch for large birds to sit on.. a hawk does not need a permit..

I used to have this issue with bunnies sneaking under the garden electric fence. Over the past few years, the birds of prey have become more and more abundant. Various varieties of hawks, owls and even eagles patrol the pastures now. No signs of bunnies for the past couple years.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I used to have this issue with bunnies sneaking under the garden electric fence. Over the past few years, the birds of prey have become more and more abundant. Various varieties of hawks, owls and even eagles patrol the pastures now. No signs of bunnies for the past couple years.
    We have a family of Cooper's hawks that are in our 'hood. Often just 2 houses down.
    BUT - adult rabbits are generally not the quarry for a CH. Baby / juvenile? If the opportunity presents itself. But not the adult ones. Too big.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Just kill the damn thing and move on....sorry I know that is not what you are looking for but it is a pest and in the grand scheme of things DNR...don't care.

The only time I have ever had a problem is when I reported a deer taged as a land owner and DNR didn't feel I was a land owner.

I got some rabbits on public ground covered in tumors. Sent the pictures to DNR and they said "Ohhhh its just a virus. Please throw them away. "

Just saying.....I don't think small game is even on their radar. :dunno:

Top Bottom