• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I have a family member who lives in a quite subdivision. They have a lot of flowers and a garden. The rabbits are just eating everything they can. They have tried planting flowers that are supposed to repel them and a bunch of other home remedies with little success. I suggested a pellet rifle. They are not opposed to this but they say it's not rabbit season so they can legally take them out.

So strictly on the legal side, is this allowed in Indiana? Are the rabbits considered pests as they are destroying the food they planted? (They want to stay within the law as I have mentioned SSS.)

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Just talking with a guy today that loaned out his good air soft gun to a lady to get the neighbors cats out of her flower beds. That might be a good option for you.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They are a pest all the way up to the point they are in the freezer.
    or a domesticated in the house/cage.

If its doing damage, its a pest. Document and terminate.
    One thing to be careful of is municipal rules. Indianapolis has parts that are off limits to anythng like a pellet gun. they spell out every type including compressed air, springers, etc. Im sure others are the same way.

I'd worry more about that than whether CO is going to be mad. Its possible to kill the rabbit legally while getting a fine for only HOW you did it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    When they tie your shotgun in a knot or stick their finger in the barrel, which per this documentary I saw will cause the shotgun to backfire into the hunter's face. Or, even worse, they often grab your face, jump up in the air, and give you a big kiss on the lips without your consent. Which is very rascally of them.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    When they tie your shotgun in a knot or stick their finger in the barrel, which per this documentary I saw will cause the shotgun to backfire into the hunter's face. Or, even worse, they often grab your face, jump up in the air, and give you a big kiss on the lips without your consent. Which is very rascally of them.
    Ok. You win the internet today!!!!
    E0zvId.gif

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    They sell rabbit repellent at most garden shops. My sister in law used it and it worked great. Smells like predator urine. Put it down and the rabbits found somewhere else to chomp.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    laughing-lmao.gif

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    When they tie your shotgun in a knot or stick their finger in the barrel, which per this documentary I saw will cause the shotgun to backfire into the hunter's face. Or, even worse, they often grab your face, jump up in the air, and give you a big kiss on the lips without your consent. Which is very Wascally of them.........
    FIFY

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    It is not legal to shoot or trap them w/o a permit.

Rabbit Removal​

If you want to trap or shoot rabbits, you will need a nuisance wild animal control permit from the DNR, or you will need to take them during the rabbit season and use only those methods legal during the open rabbit season (firearms can only be used where legal). Cage traps (wire or wood) that are baited with dried apples or dry ear corn can be effective in capturing cottontail rabbits.

Top Bottom